FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V1
Your an at will employee. Simple as that...your gone for any reason. Feel free to take your 2 page contract to court and see where that gets you.

That stove is hot don't touch it son......

First, don't call me "son." I'm not making this personal and neither should you.

Which part of "you have to try and get fired from here" of my previous post wasn't clear? As far as my two page contract goes, which is actually 12 (but I get how you were trying to demean it), it's probably worth about as much as your 100 page (or however many it is) contract is...which is not even the paper it's written on, depending on the judge. Remember all the Majors' and Regionals' contracts after 9/11? I do. I was there. I'm not suggesting that at-will should be the only way but right now it seems to be the best course for us in these times. Time will tell and I'm willing to admit that you could be right. But so could we.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but do you even have a copy of the Agreement? No where in there does it say that they can just fire you. The only "without cause" clause is in case of layoffs. Other than that, it's pretty cut and dry from my perspective.

Secion 5 (c) on page 7 talks about termination without cause. It says that it may include a RIF, but no where does it say that it's limited to one.

That's pretty cut and dry to me as well.

Flex has been generally fair, and sometimes excessively fair, before firing our problem children in the past. That was under BBA's watch. This is a different animal. I don't know how anyone can watch the gutting of our support staff at the Waterview, see our very successful business model tossed aside, watch a cost ineffective idea like crew to metal being reimplemented, see our curious fleet plan or watch the way our "large cabin program" was started and think that the status quo means anything.

I may be wrong. Time will tell. But I'm not going to be blindsided just because the new head man talks a good game. FG talked a good game too before being tossed on his rumored to be embezzling a** by Pierre. Not again

Too many rumblings of the very volatile nature of KR's decision making or the need for our mgt. to tell him that his plans make poor to no financial sense for my liking.

V1

I was not referring to you as "son". It was an analogy of a premises . My apologies if it offended you. Your 12 page document is worth nothing....I will take my 300 page Legally binding contract over that any day. And over a beer or 3 I would love to discuss this pressing issue with you. I may never change your opinion and you may never change mine...but I hope as professional pilots we can at least discuss a issue without a unproductive outcome.

Agian I apologize for any offense.

What a bunch of candy pants wimps. Oh heaven forbid that a guy should run his business as he see fits..it is his money. Kenn is on duty more than any of you and is probably the next best thing for you other than your mother...he signs the checks that you get every couple of weeks...can you or your mother do that?

Each and every one of you are the CEO of your respective careers. If you're worried about your employer, go someplace else..most likely you're not man enough. You want your spouse to be proud of you..but yet you don't have the nuts to take charge of your own life...disgraceful. Real men don't want to be in the same room with you.

Some of you wanted a union and you got it...what a great job you did and you even manged to screw up the lives of your co-workers who weren't interested.. The union failed and now you want to blame your employer for your union's dumbness....clowns and you voted for them.

The world does not owe you a living and lifestyle...one has to find this themselves.

rumor has it anyway, our leadership stood up for us played a role in the pay and benefits that we were able to retain.

Bingo, with the officially announced plan to merge, as everyone didn't know that's what he wanted to do. How long do you expect your management to be in place? Not very long, get used to hearing from Joe Salata, John Kalic, Tim Montie, Bob Reinhold, and the most often used phrase in the company, "You will need to talk to a PSM about that", which will be someone sitting in a not so comfy chair in a room with a big screen that doesn't show the big picture, because nobody knows what the big picture is, because nobody has the picture, trying to tell you to do something that you shouldn't be doing, because to them it doesn't matter. You will accomplish their matrix, and they are going home in 15 minutes, so what happens after, well they just don't care, they are home.

PSM? Don't leave us hanging with your F'ed up lingo.

What a bunch of candy pants wimps. Oh heaven forbid that a guy should run his business as he see fits..it is his money. Kenn is on duty more than any of you and is probably the next best thing for you other than your mother...he signs the checks that you get every couple of weeks...can you or your mother do that?

Each and every one of you are the CEO of your respective careers. If you're worried about your employer, go someplace else..most likely you're not man enough. You want your spouse to be proud of you..but yet you don't have the nuts to take charge of your own life...disgraceful. Real men don't want to be in the same room with you.

Some of you wanted a union and you got it...what a great job you did and you even manged to screw up the lives of your co-workers who weren't interested.. The union failed and now you want to blame your employer for your union's dumbness....clowns and you voted for them.

The world does not owe you a living and lifestyle...one has to find this themselves.

This is why you shouldn't drink and post. You make no sense.

Gret,

You continually hijack threads and still do not tell us your profession. What is it that you do for a living? My guess is that you live in your mommy's basement and drink all day trolling airlinepilotcentral. Real men don't want to be in the same thread, let alone room with you, you whack job.

It actually isn't KR's money. He's not the main investor. I stopped reading that crap after that ill informed statement.

Latest resources

Back