• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Meet & Greets Back On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had my M&G with S.B. last Aug. He never asked about my score. I got a 93 for the current test, but I got a 99 the first time I took it a few years ago. I don't think anyone really cares but I bet if I had put my current score on my resume he would have asked why it wasn't a 99 or better. All I had on my resume was: "Current FAA FEX written." That seemed to work anyway.

Don't listen to uppercrust, the guy likes to flamebait.

USNFDX is right! Why leave anything to chance?

Last edited:
Expect..

Hey Beak,
The M&G is almost a non-event. Just bring a pretty resume on fancy paper, but I would have all your other paperwork in a folder just in case they want to see it. Mine lasted about 20 min. General questions about what you have been doing, resume etc. Interview time, they will go over your FE Written and I would not leave anything to chance. With it so competitive I personally would just retake the test. Is a $100 test worth a millon dollar career? Just my .02 cents...

USNFDX said:
I don't think so! DEFINITELY Retake the test and get as close to 100% as you can.

When Fedex is evaluating a prospective pilot, they are looking for three basic things.

1. A History of "GOOD DECISION MAKING"

Past performance is a good indicator of future performance. They base their decisions on information they are able to obtain through many sources. Your interview; "Tell us about a time that you....." questions. The stuff you provide for them in your application; failed training, busted checkrides etc. They look at your college transcripts, your driving record, your FAA record and yes your score on the FE written.

They look for trends.

Bad grades, busted checkrides, speeding tickets, rough interview or SBI, marginal sim etc. Get the picture.

2. Hard Worker

Is this person going to to be reliable. Will they show up on time, and do what it takes to get the job done. Again, they are looking for trends.

Bad grades in easy subjects in school. History of unemployment. Job attendance. Score on your FE written. Oh let's see you got an 86% when they know that the study guide has all 800+ questions and answers in it.

3. Do they play well with others.

Will you drive them crazy on a 12 day around the world trip.

With 10000+ applicants.... Don't give them anything negative to distinguish you from the next guy. Go retake the test!

Well I suppose that they screwed up in their hiring practices the week I was hired. I have 2 busted checkrides and 2 traffic tickets. Not to mention a sub-par grade on my FE written.

Just go in there and explain your wrongs and how you learned from them. DONT GET CONFRONTATIONAL with them!! And for pete sakes be honest with the interviewers on ALL questions.........don't make up crap because they can read right through that stuff.

FedExFlyer said:
Well I suppose that they screwed up in their hiring practices the week I was hired. I have 2 busted checkrides and 2 traffic tickets. Not to mention a sub-par grade on my FE written.

Just go in there and explain your wrongs and how you learned from them. DONT GET CONFRONTATIONAL with them!! And for pete sakes be honest with the interviewers on ALL questions.........don't make up crap because they can read right through that stuff.

2 busted checkrides and 2 tickets over what, 10 yrs, is not excessive, nor a trend. Everybody makes mistakes. I agree, be honest and own up to your mistakes, learn from them.

Again, why highlight yourself with low FEW score. It could be the straw!

USNFDX said:
Again, why highlight yourself with low FEW score. It could be the straw!

Then go ahead into the interview and explain why you took it again within 6 months of taking it the first time...............be honest now!!

FedExFlyer said:
Then go ahead into the interview and explain why you took it again within 6 months of taking it the first time...............be honest now!!
They're not going to know that you took it within 6 months when they see the score at the top of the sheet; just the score. They could find out if they dug, but they don't have the time to do that during the interview nor the inclination when they see the "100%" at the top.

They did mention my score during my interview and everyone I interviewed with got either a 98% or 100%. Why would you go in there with less than that when something like that is under your total control.

I'm sure there are guys that get hired with a DUI as well but would you want to go into the interview with that on your record? Obviously, an 86% on your FE written doesn't compare in severity, but maximize your interview score with things you can control.

FedExFlyer said:

Is there something wrong with re-taking it to score better? Ever hear of people re-taking the SAT to improve their chances of college admission? Not to mention that showing up with as current a score as possible is not such a bad idea (they expire, you know...). I think you're out in left field on this one, frankly. This is one factor you can absolutely control, so why wouldn't you? To suggest getting an 86 is some kind of failure you need to own up to, rather than simply fixing, has got to be some of the worst interview-related advice I've ever seen on this notoriously "helpful" board! As has already been mentioned, all they're going to see or care about is the CURRENT score on the piece of paper you bring in on the day of your interview.

hoya (who never gives bad advice):p

I think it's pretty hard to get such a low score on the FE written, if you study AT ALL, you're going to score in the upper 90s. Hell, they give you the questions and the answers!

If I saw someone with such a low score, I would label him as a guy who just does the bare minimum to get by. Seriously, I studied for that exam no more than a week and got a 99% and I'm sure the 1 question I missed was wrong in the exam guide.

Buy the computer GLEIM program, go through the questions fifteen or twenty times and the exam will be a piece of cake.

I've always looked suspect at those who scored poorly on FAA written exams--those exams are a joke in the rest of the world that actually requires testing and knowlege. Ask a European ATP holder what ground school is like sometime and then show him your book with all of the questions and answers already given.

Ignore the chest-pounding of radarlove.

It all depends on your situation, but I would recommend retaking the test. If your sponsor manages to wangle a meet & greet in the next two weeks and you can't get prepped, take the test and get the results in time then just suck it up and have a good explanantion about what you learned from the first time you took the test.

If you have the time (not only to schedule it but to get truly prepared) then go for it, and then strut into your meet & greet with the confidence of having a higher score.

Trust me, while you debate the value of retaking the test there are 10 guys out there rescheduling it NOW so they can get a higher score.

Speeding tickets???

Can anyone confirm that the past 10 years of our driving record is the only thing required when listing traffic violations? I think I have 3 in the past 10 years but probably double digits lifetime. Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Latest resources

Back