• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Meet & Greets Back On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm a FDX hopeful and not a FDX flyer (but I hope to be in the near future), but usually a person only has 1 "sponsor" and multiple letters of recommendation, and not multiple sponsors. If I'm out to lunch, feel free to throw spears...

No spears. I don't know what normal is, but it is not unusual for a prospect to have more than one sponsor. It is not necessary, but it doesn't hurt. The minimum right now is to have a sponsor, and although the email doesn't say anything about the online recs, the general assumption seems to be that at least 3 of those (1 of which would most likely be your sponsor) were needed to get in as well.

Of course, the more you have the better, but if you have a sponsor it is time to get busy.

FJ

Anyone think there would be any advantage to going back to the AOC for a second M&G if it could be sheduled? Not even sure if it is considered possible.

Kilo: I don't think that it would be necessary. The person to ask the question should be your sponsor. Let them approach the ACP about it, but chances are your fate is already sealed one way or the other, and if you are in the "good" pile after the first meet and greet then it is just a matter of time and patience.

The ACPs are going to be busy enough without doing repeats.

Just MHO.

FJ

IslandDriver said:
I took the FE written....did not do as well as planned...got an "86"

Do they look at the score or is it just a "box to check"...any info?

I was sitting in front of the DC 10 ACP (SB) for my Meet n' Greet. He not only asked me my score, but told me the following story:

"I had a guy come in here the other day with an 85. When I asked him about it he said he was pretty embarrassed. I said, 'You should be! You're going to come in here try to get a job as a FLIGHT ENGINEER with a score on the FLIGHT ENGINEER written on 85!? You can do better than that."

I only tell that story to say some may not check, but some will. You'd be kicking yourself if it came up.

If it were me, I'd re-take the test.

Flycast said:
I was sitting in front of the DC 10 ACP (SB) for my Meet n' Greet. He not only asked me my score, but told me the following story:

"I had a guy come in here the other day with an 85. When I asked him about it he said he was pretty embarrassed. I said, 'You should be! You're going to come in here try to get a job as a FLIGHT ENGINEER with a score on the FLIGHT ENGINEER written on 85!? You can do better than that."

I only tell that story to say some may not check, but some will. You'd be kicking yourself if it came up.

I got a 100%!!!!

Flycast said:

Dont retake the test!!!!!! You guys are making mounds out of ant hills!

What to expect?

I spoke with my sponsor and apparently an email has been sent out. It's old news, but here's confirmation - the M&Gs are on.

For those in the know: What can be expected at the meet & greet? What sorts of things should one bring? I presume the interview suit is expected and a resume, but how about hours logs, certificates (medical?), letters, transcripts, etc. Since it's not a formal interview, I doubt that there is a hard and fast list, but what do you think?

Thanks
B

FedExFlyer said:
Dont retake the test!!!!!! You guys are making mounds out of ant hills!

I don't think so! DEFINITELY Retake the test and get as close to 100% as you can.

When Fedex is evaluating a prospective pilot, they are looking for three basic things.

1. A History of "GOOD DECISION MAKING"

Past performance is a good indicator of future performance. They base their decisions on information they are able to obtain through many sources. Your interview; "Tell us about a time that you....." questions. The stuff you provide for them in your application; failed training, busted checkrides etc. They look at your college transcripts, your driving record, your FAA record and yes your score on the FE written.

They look for trends.

Bad grades, busted checkrides, speeding tickets, rough interview or SBI, marginal sim etc. Get the picture.

2. Hard Worker

Is this person going to to be reliable. Will they show up on time, and do what it takes to get the job done. Again, they are looking for trends.

Bad grades in easy subjects in school. History of unemployment. Job attendance. Score on your FE written. Oh let's see you got an 86% when they know that the study guide has all 800+ questions and answers in it.

3. Do they play well with others.

Will you drive them crazy on a 12 day around the world trip.

With 10000+ applicants.... Don't give them anything negative to distinguish you from the next guy. Go retake the test!

Latest resources

Back