• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man I would love to get into the international side of Dx'ing over there. Think of the airports and destinations they go to. It's my dream in this line of work to do the long haul stuff.

Im working for a longhaul International cargo carrier right now. Its fun when you are going to new place but it gets redundent going to JFK-LGG-BAH-HKG-ANC-JFK after awhile.

Actually, it's kind of a nightmare... Domestic button clickers are 1,000 times better than a 12 hour int'l flight.

Yeah working on one flight plan for 45 minutes gets old after awhile.

I'm a dispatcher at FedEx. I'll address some of the issues / questions about the job.

1. From what I've been told by management, the jobs posted externally could be for domestic, international and training / standards jobs.

2. I've lived in Memphis my whole life. So, it doesn't seem all that bad to me. There are plenty of "safe" areas to live. Living in Mississippi has it's faults too. They have a much higher tax burden that Tennessee.

3. I've been screaming at the top of my lungs to upper management about CASS for a few years now. It seems that the legal department has been the biggest hurdle to get past. I think CASS is coming. It just may take a little while.

4. I find the work on the international side to be much better work than working domestic flights. We're constantly flying charters to new places. Domestic dispatching is very monotonous to me.

5. I've received a few PM's about the payscale. At this time, there is no formal payscale. The bottom end is in the $50,000 range. The top end of the range is currently over $100,00. We've been working with management to create a payscale comparable with UPS.

Just heard that of the 5 being hired for the next SWA class, 4 were internals, so there will be just 1 external opening this round (unless they decide to up the number).

Job should post within the next week, I believe.

cass

Yeah they called me the other night asking for number of Dx'ers and how many in CASS for a recip agreement. Looks like they are getting the ball rolling.

They called up to my place also last week asking the same....

Latest resources

Back