• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On location to each their own. I prefer a location with history and landscape. I will never go to Texas or Florida due to the humidity. I also cant understand operation centers in big cities. Seem like they could get cheaper rent outside of cities. But to each there own. I would rather work closer to my family than work somewhere far away I cant see them.

Last edited:
In regards to retirements at SWA, I just took a quick look at our seniority list. We have 195 on our seniority list which includes sups, chiefs, and some mgrs. Of the 195, ~150 have been in the department for less than 20 years.

In regards to age, I'm guesstimating that ~30 are age 50 or older. There's only a handful of those that I could see hanging it up in the next 5 years.

Of course, we had about 40 dx'ers hit the numbers on a lottery ticket recently and split $10K between them. So, if that were to happen again, we'd have lots of openings. ;)

I would wager that to be comfortable money wise, they would have to net a lot more than 10K each to consider retiring.

It's crazy for me to understand why these companies remain in these northern climates.. the cost of living is higher, its cold, its crouded.. higher taxes... whats to like..When given the chance to move, the go the wrong way.. north...

I've lived in Florida for 35 years... no income taxes, its 77 as I write this post.. lost of space at many central Florida airports to build... state tax incentives have been offered to boot.. JB turned Orlando down for their SOC which included a new building like they just built for Airtran... Some airline could buy that building at MCO soon as Airtran leaves and never missed a beat... I just don't get it.. Yea we have hurricanes.. big deal.. you can plan for them.. have an alternate SOC like Airtran did in Atlanta for those rare situations.. but with new buildings today, there is no need to leave..

We have Space Coast Regional (KTIX) nice airport with a few businesses on the proerty and the Valant Air command museum.. Melbourne, it's growing with all kinds of manufacturing.. Embraer just opened its first US plant there today for the small Phenom 100 Biz jet.. AAR is coming there and MidAir USA is moving to MLB from NY... doing refurbs on B747's.. It looks like some parts of the industry are getting smart.. the airlines.. like stone..

I would think the executives would love to discuss business on the many golf courses we have here open year round.. go figure...

Executives will hop of a biz jet to golf Florida and not think twice about the people running the machine back at base.

HEY!!!! I take offense to the comment by Pull To Guns "What taints Florida are the many misfits, criminals and n'er-do-wells who come from other states in order to "start a new life". Michigan and Ohio come to mind. " Altho I'm a transplanted Hoosier, I can't ever imagine wanting to move from Michigan to a place that has 75F temps in the winter time or something as silly as that!
Would love to expand more on the subject, but gotta go....snowplow just came by and I want to make sure they didn't block my driveway again.....

Ok ok, Mod hat back on.. we really need to get this back on point.. Fed Ex hiring..

Anyone get any news, feed back or care to share...

I think that FDX is a good company to work for I never liked them as far as commuting. From a ADX's standpoint they never let other than their own dispatchers jumpseat. I worked at Republic in IND where FDX has a big hub and FDX wouldn't let jumpseaters jumpseat even though we were in CASS anyone else has similar issues

Latest resources

Back