• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing to keep in mind, and this is from a friend of mine from HS who dispatches there, the DX at FDX are not in CASS. Granted, they fly almost everywhere, but that would make life as a commuter more difficult because, like me if you live close to an outstation, you would have to commute in on a day off just to get to MEM in time.

Plus, there is the whole MEM factor. I went there to a interview at Pinchnickle a while back (told PCL to remove me from consideration please afterwords - doing flight planning AND load planning - F that) and the whole area around the airport didnt give me a warm fuzzy. I know there is no chance my wife would want to move to MEM. My contact there says most folks that he works with live down in Mississippi.

Sounds like FDX will be in CASS soon. I got a call today from a supervisor there asking if we were in CASS. He was seeing if there was any interest in getting an agreement together. It sounds like they are getting setup and will reciprocate.

One thing to keep in mind, and this is from a friend of mine from HS who dispatches there, the DX at FDX are not in CASS. Granted, they fly almost everywhere, but that would make life as a commuter more difficult because, like me if you live close to an outstation, you would have to commute in on a day off just to get to MEM in time.

Plus, there is the whole MEM factor. I went there to a interview at Pinchnickle a while back (told PCL to remove me from consideration please afterwords - doing flight planning AND load planning - F that) and the whole area around the airport didnt give me a warm fuzzy. I know there is no chance my wife would want to move to MEM. My contact there says most folks that he works with live down in Mississippi.

Doesn't MEM has the highest crime rate in the USA? I heard it was a ********************e hole.Correct me if I am wrong.

Having relatives in the Memphis area, but never having lived there myself, I can report that it is like any other city. Some areas are dicey, others are just fine. They also have a lock on kick arse BBQ and The King. What more do you need? lol

Go Big Purple!

Sounds like FDX will be in CASS soon. I got a call today from a supervisor there asking if we were in CASS. He was seeing if there was any interest in getting an agreement together. It sounds like they are getting setup and will reciprocate.

Yeah they called me the other night asking for number of Dx'ers and how many in CASS for a recip agreement. Looks like they are getting the ball rolling.

Thats awesome - my contact there is just a domestic line dispatcher, and may not be a part of that issue.

Man I would love to get into the international side of Dx'ing over there. Think of the airports and destinations they go to. It's my dream in this line of work to do the long haul stuff.

Man I would love to get into the international side of Dx'ing over there. Think of the airports and destinations they go to. It's my dream in this line of work to do the long haul stuff.

Actually, it's kind of a nightmare... Domestic button clickers are 1,000 times better than a 12 hour int'l flight.

Latest resources

Back