FEDEX Class April 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
redeye69 said:
Anyone knows if FedEx hires non citizen.....

I don't know of any formal requirement to be a US citizen, but the following three requirements (listed on the web page) would seem to make it very difficult for a non-citizen to get hired:

# Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.

# Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)

# Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance

Foreign citizen

Its not that easy if you dont have a US ticket.. I had to push through the FAA tape then the fedex tape but once they got my USPS clearence I have had no problems since. My manager loved my accent and that helped a little I believe. Course the nearest they let me to the planes is watching pictures upstairs..

Following this thread they asked for volunteers to consider transition training for ADX.. never said what frames nor where the training will take. any ideas for us desk wizard..

Ohh and thks LC and the wonderful L. very entertaining way to spend the evening..

keeping you outa the bumpy stuff...

MM

Re: Foreign citizen

Markm1811 said:
Following this thread they asked for volunteers to consider transition training for ADX.. never said what frames nor where the training will take. any ideas for us desk wizard..
OK, I confess. I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain "transition training" and "for ADX" please?

I'm leaving in 5 hours for Cambridge, and I don't have a laptop - - will I have to wait 4 days for the answer?!?! Oh, the agony....

:rolleyes: :( :)

english translation

Sorry Tony,

ADX - Flight dispatch
Transition Training - training dispatchers on different aircraft types. example currently i am certified for the 727 line. For airbus you would ned a transition training to understand the systems and such.

MM

Re: english translation

Markm1811 said:
Sorry Tony,

ADX - Flight dispatch
Transition Training - training dispatchers on different aircraft types. example currently i am certified for the 727 line. For airbus you would ned a transition training to understand the systems and such.

MM

Do you mean trained on the 727 for dispatch or to operate the a/c itself?

Whats the normal for housing in MEM? Should I set up a crash pad before I arrive, or is it best to link with the rest of the school house for the short term? I know I need a pad but do not want to get stuck in an uncomfortable setting while trying to hit the books.Thanks.JD

Crash Pads

MD80JAD: the first 7 days of training is basic company indoc and CRM training. Its a lot of important info, but you won't have to actually study in earnest until the middle of the second week of training, when the systems fire hose opens up. That will give you time to locate a crash pad with some of your classmates during the first week, so its not imperative to have one before you show up. I would think it would be best to have it set up, but most in my class stayed in a hotel for a couple of days and set out together to locate a crashpad after class that first week. There are a ton of adds in the AOC for crashpads and I don't think they are too hard to come by.

There is also a website called pilotswap.net that you could check out and register for which has some crashpad info as well. Its run by a FedEx pilot as an informal trip trading and info board.

Good luck, can't wait to see you on board. Feel free to pm if you have any other questions.

FJ

The Homestead (about 2 blocks behind the Hollowpoint Inn) offers a weekly rate for FDX that works out to about $44 a night. They have kitchenettes to help you save some cash.

Falcon's right - you'll find a pad in the first week. Plenty of ads up - if you have to, after you get your ID come over to AOC and go back to the crashpad bulletin board in the locker room.

Welcome aboard! As Jack Lewis told us when we started: "Bust your ass!"

Tough decision made

First off, I apologize I haven’t posted my decision sooner. When KD first called offering a 12 Apr class date, I explained my situation and she offered to give me some time to think my decision through. For months now I’ve thought through the decision I would make when the call came but nothing quite prepared me for when the call actually came. I thought it would be an easy decision, but when KD called, the decision wasn’t quite so clear any more. So I turned to you, especially FedEx guys, for help and the information you provided helped tremendously. I also spoke with several friends, including some that work at FedEx as I weighed my options. While FedEx is a wonderful company, after much thought and discussion with my wife and family, JetBlue is where my heart belongs. I honestly felt that it was a choice between two rights, however, in the long run I felt I would be happier staying put at JetBlue. I wish all those in the pool and those trying to get there the best of luck. Once again, thanks to all those who provided information or advice to help me make an informed decision. And to those of you in the pool I would have been senior to at FedEx—you’re welcome!

backflip

Latest resources

Back