• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favorite Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have many light singles and multi-engine,piston and turbine airplanes, By far the most fun I had was flying the caravan C-208,
Its a great airplane, very stable, relaible,very nicely equiped for IFR,its not the best looking airplane but it get the job done.:)

bigboy said:
I have many light singles and multi-engine,piston and turbine airplanes, By far the most fun I had was flying the caravan C-208,
Its a great airplane, very stable, relaible,very nicely equiped for IFR,its not the best looking airplane but it get the job done.:)

Whoops. I meant to say I have flown many ,not I have many (I wish). ;)

"A Plane-a-Day-in-Tampa-Bay" The B-26 Martin Martin Marauder is my favorite airplane (not because I flew it) because my dad flew it at age 23 during WWII and survived his training and 25 combat missions only to return safely and procreate me. And , oh yeah, those "ironing board" wings were just a device to hold the engines on. Don't even get me started on the B-52, which he later commanded. My God, 24 hour airborne alerts!!! I get antsy after 3 hours. So much for a GIV or Global Express job (well, it depends upon the money, n'est-ce-pas?). And in case anyone out there noticed, Je parle francais for that international corporate job, d'accord?

Last edited:
my $.02

Gheeez, There are so many..... I'll start with a DC3, then maybe a Pitts. Oh yeah the almighty Grumman Albatross would be cool too. Oh wait, a Beech Starship (just cause it looks really cool). How bout a Cub for those days when you don't want to go anywhere fast. and oh yeah, one of those new Wacos.....Maybe a Pilatus Porter too.....
That is all, is that asking too much?

Hawkerrider, there are a few pure 23's remaining (as pure as possible, anyway). We picked one up yesterday, that was purchased in South Africa, and shipped over. But you're right, there aren't many.

Without question, the ultimate aircraft, bar none, is to me the aircraft which I am privileged to fly at any given time. If I am in a J-3 cub, then it is to me the most fantastic collection of fabric and metal on God's green earth. Should it be something with turbine engines and swept wings, then that is to me the greatest of all aerial beasts.

Whatever I am so fortunate as to be able to fly at any given time, becomes the most fantastic airplane in the world to me. It matters not a whit if climb from a large four engine radial piston powered airplane into a cherokee; the cherokee is a marvel and a true blessing. The greatest airplane in the world.

I have a deep soft spot for round engines. I love to fly them, I love to work on them, I love th hear them, I love most everything about them but the taste of 60 weight oil during a bottom cylinder change on a freezing ramp at three in the morning. Even that has it's moments, though they only become sweet in retrospect.

Dick Scobee, prior to his loss in the Challenger, stated that it is a crime to be paid for doing something one loves so much. How right he was.

To be paid to do this in any form is on the hairy border of the criminal realm. As a child with no money to buy even new shoes, I dreamed of one day making a glider of bamboo and plastic or cloth, held together with stitching and tape. I thought that would be the height of my aerial potential. Now, looking back, I am humbled by the opportunity to do what I didn't dare to dream was possible; I often wonder if I've lived up to the dreams and aspirations of that small boy, and later young man.

What is the greatest airplane in the world? Wherever, whatever, it is the one you sit in, now. There can be nothing better.

Except, perhaps a peanut butter sandwich. With just the right amount of peanut butter, and some grape jelly. Not the clunky kind, but the smooth stuff, and the cheaper the better...

Tempco/Globe Swift, not just the factory swifts but the ones that have been modified with the canopy, and the 210hp engines, the poor mans P-51, I have about 35-40 hrs in one. For a tail dragger they don't have the best manners on the ground.

As for WAR Birds, it would have to be the Fokk Wolve 190, mor specifically the TA-152 Version the one with the Daimler Bens water injected engine, The cowl is still a radial but it has the exhaust ports out the lower sides of the cowling. For those of you who have been to WPAFB, (Wright Patterson Air Force Base). There is one on display across from the Twin Mustang, the P-82??? I think.

Also the Gooney Bird.

My favorites will fall in several categories.

First plane I ever flew: Cessna 206. Love that plane. Fun cross country plane.

Cardinal. Most hours in that, and I love flying places with it.

Light Twin, Baron B55. Fun to fly!

Small Jet: Citation. What a pleasure--and easy as a 172, another plane I enjoy flying.

Warbird: P-51 Mustang! Impressive flying capabilities and so much history with them...

Airliner: Love that sleek B757--the long legged beauty as I call it since I love the long landing gear legs with the long sleek body of the 757!

Concorde is in a class all of its own. I hope that I can someday board Concorde to Europe before it is permanently grounded.

Fly safe and enjoy!! I really enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite aircraft. Definitely one of the best threads I've seen so far.

airmack said:
I must say that I am partial to the F-15. I managed to get a back seat ride before I got out of the military. Very impressive machine.

I saw a promo. film once of the F-15 by McDonnell Douglas when it was first coming out. They had a camera in the cockpit of a F15 and a F-4 with a digitally superimposed altimeter for each.

The pics were side by side with both aircraft taking off. As the F-4 was justing lifting it's nose off the ground, the F-15 was passing through 11,000, vertical.

We left the breifing shaking our heads. From then on every time I flew the F-4, that image was locked in my head.

Superimpose

Hey, Boeingman,

If it helps to curb your wonderlust, superimpose the altimeter of your F-4 onto the instrument panel of your Boeing. No contest. And, oh yeah, superimpose the afterburner onto the tailpipes of same. And, oh yeah, superimpose the sound of those ABs onto your eardrums. Count your blessings, man. Some of us got our military wings clipped because we missed ONE stinkin' letter on the UPT flight physical eye exam. A navigator?!? I don't think so!

Re: Superimpose

yipstick said:
Hey, Boeingman,

If it helps to curb your wonderlust, superimpose the altimeter of your F-4 onto the instrument panel of your Boeing. No contest. And, oh yeah, superimpose the afterburner onto the tailpipes of same. And, oh yeah, superimpose the sound of those ABs onto your eardrums. Count your blessings, man. Some of us got our military wings clipped because we missed ONE stinkin' letter on the UPT flight physical eye exam. A navigator?!? I don't think so!

You get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Are you still dealing with issues from your rejection from UPT?

I fail to understand the point of your post.

Latest resources

Back