Favorite Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess my user icon gives mine away =)

My favorite aircraft seen, flown on, hope to fly someday is the Boeing 747. I even have a Boeing 747 shrine setup in a corner of my room.

I have flown on it hundreds of times as a passenger. I've had the pleasure of riding jumpseat on it with a few foreign carriers.

You can drive me nuts by calling another aircraft a jumbo jet like they do in many movies, news articles, etc.

I don't have very much experience in avaition with different kind of airplanes.

But I would definetely say the lear24, I don't think there are any real 23's out there anymore as we probably have the oldest flying lear in service and it's a converted 23 to a 24.

it's just as close to getting into a fighterjet as possible in civil aviation.

And i am cherishing (sp?) all the time that i can get in this baby!!

To me, there is nothing more impressive than the engineering feat that was the North American XB-70. To think those engineers devised with slide rules a mach 3+ intercontinenetal bomber which rode it's own shock wave. Holy cow, talk about a quantum leap of engineering. It's too bad only two were ever built and the U-2 shoot down turned the whole concept into merely a research project. Despite the turmoil, the late 50's and 60's saw the advent of pure genius on many different types of aircraft.

The best story about the XB-70 I've heard was from a guide at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH, where the only remaining
XB-70 is on display. The guide says people regularly come up to him as they wander around the huge main hangar and ask where the Valkyrie is. He smiles and just points up. The plane is so big and tall, it looms over the other planes on display, and you have a way of missing it unless you are a little farther away!

I must say that I am partial to the F-15. I managed to get a back seat ride before I got out of the military. Very impressive machine.

Barron 55. Great feel on the controls, trimmed up perfectly, and everyone knew what was coming before they could see you just by the sound of those IO 520's. As far as my dream airplane goes, that would have to be the ole spitfire. I'd give my left nut to fly one of those.:p

My favorite a/c to fly so far has been the good old Jetstream 32. Quite the uncomfortable ride for the pax but fun to fly. NO autopilot so its hands on all the time. Trims up nice for about five to fifteen seconds then its back on the trim wheels. Turns on a dime and being able to go from 250 five out to landing right at ref is a joy. "No problem approach, we'll slow for the 757. Oh, now you want our speed back up to max until the marker, wilco." The ONE a/c I have flown you are never too high or too fast. Just bring the throttles to idle hang everything out and pitch ten degrees down to keep 130. Makes for an interesting view from row 7 (last row). Wonder what the pax think?
Now, I want to get my hand on a vintage Stearman. Used to be one at the flight school I worked at. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** that thing was cool

Latest resources

Back