• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Hiring 60..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you only need 100 hours more to meet the mins, then fly a little extra until you get it. The minimum qualification is what you need to be considered. We have hired a lot of "laid off" pilots that exceed the mins easily.

So with that said, if you meet the mins but don't exceed them, then you need a letter of rec.

Good luck and hopefully I will see you on the line flying with us.

Wow, so 6 -400's??? And then the attrition to add to that? I'd say that it's a good time to get hired then... seniority will come fast. I would also expect by the time they vote on another TA there won't be but 50% of the pilot group eligible to vote!

corrected data...

I happen to run into someone from Flight Ops who has "the knowledge" and it is indeed still 4 additional -400's that are to be purchased. I've heard grumblings about a possible 5th airplane from another fleet but that is strictly rumour at this point. I was told that if the 4 come to fruition, we would need 80 more bodies and contract training is already in place. Then again, this is aviation so who knows.

4 confirmed with no.5 as an option... All from a certain Asian airline...

So they're "confirmed" as in.. the deal is inked.. funds wired, etc.. or confirmed as in... that's what we "hope" to get?

I guess voting down that POS TA didn't affect Del's ability to work a deal. I'm shocked! Now if we could just get released for self-help, you wouldn't have Captains flying 747s around the world for less than 100K a year. Truly pathetic.

the plot thickens...

Acquires 2 Boeing 747-400 Freighter Aircraft
http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...g&usg=AFQjCNFIJD4mwcEob2zHMv_RQLn9YZv6Qg&tt=0More

Print Email
Published on ASDNews: Oct 20, 2010
Stamford, Conn. - Aircastle Limited (NYSE: AYR) announced today that one of its affiliates has agreed to acquire two Boeing 747-400 production freighter aircraft. The aircraft are currently being operated by Japan Airlines and are expected to deliver to Aircastle during the fourth quarter of 2010. Aircastle has already secured executed letters of intent for the lease of both aircraft.

Aircastle CEO Ron Wainshal commented, "We are adding two latest-generation freighter aircraft to our fleet to address the strong demand for modern, fuel-efficient cargo capacity. Importantly, we have signed letters of intent for long-term lease of both aircraft with industry-leading cargo carriers. This is a great example of the kind of transaction that allows Aircastle to maintain consistently strong portfolio utilization and yield."

Source : Aircastle Limited

Latest resources

Back