Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
Just heard there is a class of 14 starting next month and they're rumored to hire 60 more?? .. part attrition and part growth.. All this with the loss of the dream lifter to boot... looks like things are looking up over there..

Just heard there is a class of 14 starting next month and they're rumored to hire 60 more?? .. part attrition and part growth.. All this with the loss of the dream lifter to boot... looks like things are looking up over there..

The Christmas rush is comming. Beware of the January furlough.

The Christmas rush is comming. Beware of the January furlough.

Well the class they're putting thru won't even be done with IOE when Jan comes... I think it's going to be a bit different this year.

The new hires will mainly be going to the 400. A bid award came out last week and the awards went down to the seniority of guys that were no longer seat locked. They are going to hold those pilots with less than a year on property to their one-year seat lock. This means that all the new hires between now and around April will have the chance to go to the 400.

They are training pilots for airplanes which may or may not even arrive. If they can't close a deal on the new 400s, then the poop may hit the fan. Its been very quiet around here lately...haven't heard much from the MMV crowd. Hopefully the planes will arrive eventually.

The new hires will mainly be going to the 400. A bid award came out last week and the awards went down to the seniority of guys that were no longer seat locked. They are going to hold those pilots with less than a year on property to their one-year seat lock. This means that all the new hires between now and around April will have the chance to go to the 400.

They are training pilots for airplanes which may or may not even arrive. If they can't close a deal on the new 400s, then the poop may hit the fan. Its been very quiet around here lately...haven't heard much from the MMV crowd. Hopefully the planes will arrive eventually.

Odd.. my friend told me he's in a class of 14 going to the -200.... and yeah, if they pay for all that training and the planes don't arrive that would be bad for the company, and bad for all those pilots who left jobs to go there..

I'd have to imagine they've got a very solid reason to believe those planes are incoming.

Does Evergreen have an employment contract?
What are the terms?
It would seem bizarre for them to have a contract since it seems they furlough annually.

Odd.. my friend told me he's in a class of 14 going to the -200.... and yeah, if they pay for all that training and the planes don't arrive that would be bad for the company, and bad for all those pilots who left jobs to go there..

I'd have to imagine they've got a very solid reason to believe those planes are incoming.

I was talking about the November class coming up. I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure a portion of that class will be in the 400. The two junior FOs just awarded a 400 class date in November have been here for a couple years. There are 2 Classic Captains moving over to the 400 Capt in December and the FO slots have not been awarded. Those will likely be filled by new hires.

The first new hire class last year was in November and they completed the simulator in January 2010. There are about 40 people hired this year on the classic and I'm guessing they will all be held to their one year seat lock. A new hire from the November 2009 class is already the # 9 / 45 FOs in JFK (on the Classic) so the list has been shuffling quickly. Once the Capts from the Classic start moving over to the 400, there should be many open Capt seats in the Classic. Lots of people are gonna have 1 year seat locks by moving to the 400 right seat...so 200 Captain could open up for some pretty junior people.

I was talking about the November class coming up. I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure a portion of that class will be in the 400. The two junior FOs just awarded a 400 class date in November have been here for a couple years. There are 2 Classic Captains moving over to the 400 Capt in December and the FO slots have not been awarded. Those will likely be filled by new hires.

The first new hire class last year was in November and they completed the simulator in January 2010. There are about 40 people hired this year on the classic and I'm guessing they will all be held to their one year seat lock. A new hire from the November 2009 class is already the # 9 / 45 FOs in JFK (on the Classic) so the list has been shuffling quickly. Once the Capts from the Classic start moving over to the 400, there should be many open Capt seats in the Classic. Lots of people are gonna have 1 year seat locks by moving to the 400 right seat...so 200 Captain could open up for some pretty junior people.

wow, and are they still getting turnover? Or is this Nov class the last group? so that 60 must include the 40 you're talking about.

Latest resources

Back