• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad versus Emirates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abu Dhabi is coming along. They host quite a few good concerts every year. They now have a golf tournament and tennis tournament. They have the Formula One race, Ferrari World, a new water park, etc.

That said, life on the A320 at Etihad can be quite tiring. The 320 does a lot of the night turn-around flying that goes on in the Gulf region. I think the path to happiness there is to get onto the bigger Airbii so that one has a better roster with long haul flying. That would probably take quite a few years for a DEC on the 320. The other option is to get into training to minimize the number of night turn-arounds.

TP

Lets switch gears and talk about the Boeing side of the house...what are your thoughts on this? I'm going out for a screening on the Boeing side for FO, heading down this path instead of Emirates.

Lets switch gears and talk about the Boeing side of the house...what are your thoughts on this? I'm going out for a screening on the Boeing side for FO, heading down this path instead of Emirates.

I believe you will find that the schedules will be similar at both airlines on the 777. Over here you will find that these places are all clones of the same pig wearing different color lipstick.

Plenty of 787s on the way to Etihad - I think I read 50+ 787-900s starting in 2014/5. If you want to fly a 787, Etihad would be one good candidate to see the world on it.

Not sure whether there are internal fleet transfers at Etihad - perhaps you could start on the 777 as an FO and then move over to the 787 as a Captain as they ramp-up the fleet. I think I read that a bunch of Air Berlin (Etihad partner) 738 pilots have moved over to Etihad on the 777 recently too - so they are hiring onto it.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info folks!

Good luck! I hear from a friend in the region that they are hiring and they are definitely looking for people with widebody Boeing experience.

Even I would apply if I could get the keys to one of those incoming 787-900s in 2014 (and I could get my wife to move - not gonna happen)...

Last edited:
check delta"s salary?
i think is very good second year FO pay
and you dont have to drag your family or yourself to a third word country with no protection or equal rights

Delta's not hiring.

Latest resources

Back