• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad versus Emirates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked, I was told I was too old for an FO (not too old for captain), by Emirates. They have a LOT of rules/minimums that they don't publish...don't know why.

Pretty much all the Asian carriers also have BMI for pilots and cabin crew, also.

Any tips for someone wanting to get hired overseas? Is age a big issue? I'm in my mid 50's with no big jet time.

I think you'll find that the age is a smaller obstacle compared to the second half of that sentence:

no big jet time

If you were typed and current with loads of experience on a larger Boeing or almost any of the Airbii, with the current rate of expansion, you would have a shot at the right seat. Almost certain if you were are TRI/TRE on any of the above.

Any tips for someone wanting to get hired overseas? Is age a big issue? I'm in my mid 50's with no big jet time.

You could try flydubai or some of the other commercial narrow body operators over here if you want to be hired overseas with no big jet time.

as a visitor, i prefer auh to dxb...not so into the dxb bling. if i lived there..not sure.

Qatar and doha are supposed to be not as good as ek/ey, but i have a friend w/ wife and they like qatar and they like doha. they r NOT american, tho, and used to living away from the home countrry.

also, ey has THE best in-flight crew blankets! i think u should go to ey because of theblamkets!!!

Oh & Btw.....Doha is in Qatar! It is the Capital of Qatar!

The two letter identifier for Qatar Airways is QR

ATC Flight Plans are filed as QTRXXX (XXX, being the Flight#)

Hope this helps!

Fly Safe Ya'll!

Another board poster said Etihad no longer requires you to be typed in the airbus to get hired into that airframe (the small airbus).

Another board poster said Etihad no longer requires you to be typed in the airbus to get hired into that airframe (the small airbus).

All their current requirements are on their application websites gents...that's where the application process begins for all these carriers..Emails and snail-mailing resumes is a waste of time....the airlines obviously choose type rated and experienced time on type folks when they are available, however from time to time these dry up, and non-rated folks will be selected for interviews..

Latest resources

Back