• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Etihad road show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not true at all. I do not have any 777 time or any Airbus time. I was offered an interview at the roadshow but then again I have 4000+ hrs in Boeing products. The pilot rep seemed to think I would be a shoe in for the 777 program. Unfortunaley, I signed up for a Sept interview and it was subsequently cancelled like many other interviews after July.

So you were offered an interview in Sept. during the roadshow or was this before the roadshow? I have an interview also in Sept. that they notified me about on July 29th, but I have not received any further info. I just emailed them about it yesterday and waiting for an answer. How and when did you find out about your interview being canceled and when in Sept. was your interview? Is anyone else having this happen to them?

So you were offered an interview in Sept. during the roadshow or was this before the roadshow? I have an interview also in Sept. that they notified me about on July 29th, but I have not received any further info. I just emailed them about it yesterday and waiting for an answer. How and when did you find out about your interview being canceled and when in Sept. was your interview? Is anyone else having this happen to them?

The two of them were referring to Emirates for a moment.

That makes sense now. Just got the email confirming my interview with Etihad and they would send me the etickets and itinerary 3-4 days beforehand.

That makes sense now. Just got the email confirming my interview with Etihad and they would send me the etickets and itinerary 3-4 days beforehand.

good luck!

I was offered an interview during the roadshow in May. In late July, I wrote an email to reconfirm my interview date and they told me that date was no longer available. The schedulded interview was Sept 1

A complete waste of time (Like it was mentioned above), if you don't have an Airbus type and experience, forget it.

Did anyone see the show in Chicago? Was it the same as New York?

Yes it was, I was at the Chicago road show, maybe 35 to 40 guys showed up, about 7 guys from Midwest in total. Not more than 10 guys with Airbus experience I would say.

Last edited:
I've got 4000+ hours as an FO in the Airbus. I've also got that goofy SIC type rating in the Airbus but no PIC and no PIC type rating. Does anyone remember if this combination was addressed? I was tentatively planning on going to a roadshow, but if it's a waste of time, I've got other things I could be doing...

Thanks.

I do know that Airbus PIC time is NOT a requirement, but as far as that silly SIC type thing, I really don't know. I'd say, if you're interested just go check it out. With 4000 hours in the Bus, I would think they'd talk to ya. But not sure. Thing is, make THEM tell you "No", don't reject yourself.

Latest resources

Back