Endeavor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To whom is Delta obliged?

To me, of course, for nearly seven years of selfless Delta Connection flying with two airlines, but I've already told them they're welcome, so it's all good.

To me, of course, for nearly seven years of selfless Delta Connection flying with two airlines, but I've already told them they're welcome, so it's all good.

Well, obviously they were obliged to operate an airline for you. :beer:

I was thinking about the legal tentacles, was it part of the bankruptcy ruling? Otherwise, what's the deal? "Delta can't wind us down! We'll sue the crap out of ourselves!"

I was thinking about the legal tentacles, was it part of the bankruptcy ruling? Otherwise, what's the deal? "Delta can't wind us down! We'll sue the crap out of ourselves!"

Yeah, probably something like that. Kinda similar to the sentiment some of the more seasoned citizens at a certain CVG-based regional I once used to fly for would express to the effect "Delta can't shut us down, we provide an INVALUABLE service to Delta". I used to reply "I'm not even sure Delta provides an INVALUABLE service to Delta anymore, but alas..." Made me very unpopular in some circles...

Whelp, sometimes being right sucks - but not nearly as hard as being wrong.

Delta is obligated to operate Endeavor with 81 airplanes until 2020.

Thats what the Bridge Agreement states but as we all know when dealing with corporate america (and look at how all our other deals were written), that we may think we have a deal until 2020, but there is most likely a back door for Delta to use if we don't suit their needs.

The Legacy 9E pilots all said they had their precious CRJ 200 agreement locked up for ten years, but........

We were told 12 pilots a month are obligated to go to Delta according to the language of our SSP......wait, even our ALPA attorneys agree that Delta can withhold our pilots and send them later......

All I am saying is expectations of a contract...... lets just say the corporate attorneys are on a higher level than those of our ALPA ones.

Whelp, sometimes being right sucks - but not nearly as hard as being wrong.

Actually, what sucks the most is being right about things you'd much rather be wrong about, something that happens to me a lot...

Question for Higney85: Any word on the status of mx rescuing some of the 200's from the sand box? You previously mentioned this. 4 more 200's were just sent this past week. Down to 47 left on ops spec. Maybe they will bring back the newer planes that were sent way earlier. Or maybe they are just blowing smoke. From what we hear the attrition to new hires is a wash. Sounds like enough to keep 900's staffed. Maybe the 200's can stay staffed at least til the end of 2015. Or they are hoping this retention bonus can position the company for the options of 30 more 900's.

Question for Higney85: Any word on the status of mx rescuing some of the 200's from the sand box? You previously mentioned this. 4 more 200's were just sent this past week. Down to 47 left on ops spec. Maybe they will bring back the newer planes that were sent way earlier. Or maybe they are just blowing smoke. From what we hear the attrition to new hires is a wash. Sounds like enough to keep 900's staffed. Maybe the 200's can stay staffed at least til the end of 2015. Or they are hoping this retention bonus can position the company for the options of 30 more 900's.

Latest is going down to 16 -200 lines of flying and then back up to 20-24 once the training pipeline gets going and the SSP commitment gets caught up. Subject to change of course. The current plan IS to keep -200's now, which is a positive change, but I doubt anything will be publicly stated until the training pipeline shows the signs of remaining constant.

Latest resources

Back