Endeavor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Movin' on up!

How long to upgrade at Endeavor? And are all pilots guaranteed an interview or job with Delta?
Thanks for info. Please no arguing or otherwise bad comments on this company or other companies.

3-4 years for a new hire today. That of course depends on hiring and any other type of global unrest.

It's just interviews that are guaranteed no jobs but it's a descent program if they can get it to work. Those hired would actually be at mainline way faster than a flow through where everyone goes

I'm curious how this 3-4 year upgrade number continues to propagate. Maybe I am missing something, but the only firm fleet plan is for 81 CRJ900s. This will require roughly 400-500 captains, which 9E already has and mostly likely are not planning on leaving.

I don't think it would be wrong to promote 9E as a good place to go if your dream is to work for Delta, and it's probably the quickest way to get there. It also offers good compensation for FO's relative to other regionals. But I wouldn't go there expecting to get PIC time until Delta puts additional airframes in writing, not vague statements like "we'll keep as many as we can staff."

I'm curious how this 3-4 year upgrade number continues to propagate. Maybe I am missing something, but the only firm fleet plan is for 81 CRJ900s. This will require roughly 400-500 captains, which 9E already has and mostly likely are not planning on leaving.

I don't think it would be wrong to promote 9E as a good place to go if your dream is to work for Delta, and it's probably the quickest way to get there. It also offers good compensation for FO's relative to other regionals. But I wouldn't go there expecting to get PIC time until Delta puts additional airframes in writing, not vague statements like "we'll keep as many as we can staff."

Which regional sans Compass can put additional airframes in writing? PSA maybe too, but I wouldn't bank on them keeping all those planes they've been promised for long. Envoy, Repupubic, ExpessJets, and maybe Skywest will all Probabaly end up smaller. I say maybe Skywest because they might use move planes and pilots over from ExpressJets to keep them growing. My point is Endeavor is almost through with that process, and there are only two things that can happen once you hit rock bottom

Which regional sans Compass can put additional airframes in writing? PSA maybe too, but I wouldn't bank on them keeping all those planes they've been promised for long. Envoy, Repupubic, ExpessJets, and maybe Skywest will all Probabaly end up smaller. I say maybe Skywest because they might use move planes and pilots over from ExpressJets to keep them growing. My point is Endeavor is almost through with that process, and there are only two things that can happen once you hit rock bottom

A ride to the hospital or the morgue? :erm:

The difference is Delta has pretty much allocated all the large RJ's allowed per scope. They recently awarded some new Ejet flying to RP. Since 9E is wholly owned, they can't diversify and seek business from other carriers like Skywest and Compass has.

Last edited:
Even with 400 captains for just 81 aircraft there are 3/4 of those captains who will want and have yearly interviews with Delta and as the hiring picks up throughout the industry, they will be leaving or trying to leave. Opening up movement forFO's. Endeavor used to have the worst pay and QOL given our bankruptcy contract but now just add $20,000 onto everyone's payscales at endeavor which makes it good money when compared to other regionals. Add that we have leg by leg pay protection, cancelation pay, hotels are greatly improving, a great training department, and at a minimum of two shots at a delta interview, it's not a bad choice to come to Endeavor.

What do we have to work on? Well we need to turn the corner and start upgrading now that they are actually hiring. Electronic flight bags (tablets) because our backs are killing us getting in and out of RJ's with that thing. Better commuting rules (deadhead swaps from other bases), sick time accrual (2.5 hours a month) - gives a pilot about 1 four day trip of paid sick time while our mainline brothers and sisters get over 5 times as much and they start out with more days off and less trips flown. Finally, one of our senior captains said it best when talking about the bonus payment "if they give us another $10,000 a year, then we will almost be back to our (Mesaba) pay rates from before the fake bankruptcy." He forgot to mention better reserve rules, better 401k to also bring us back to pre bankruptcy levels etc etc.

If I were looking for a job with potential, good pay for a regional, lived in MsP DTW or NYC or an easy commute to any of the three, and a desire to work for the most profitable, stable, best managed mainline carrier out there (Delta) who treats and pays their pilots the best, I would come work at Endeavor Air.

Last edited:
Even with 400 captains for just 81 aircraft there are 3/4 of those captains who will want and have yearly interviews with Delta and as the hiring picks up throughout the industry, they will be leaving or trying to leave. Opening up movement forFO's. Endeavor used to have the worst pay and QOL given our bankruptcy contract but now just add $20,000 onto everyone's payscales at endeavor which makes it good money when compared to other regionals. Add that we have leg by leg pay protection, cancelation pay, hotels are greatly improving, a great training department, and at a minimum of two shots at a delta interview, it's not a bad choice to come to Endeavor.

What do we have to work on? Well we need to turn the corner and start upgrading now that they are actually hiring. Electronic flight bags (tablets) because our backs are killing us getting in and out of RJ's with that thing. Better commuting rules (deadhead swaps from other bases), sick time accrual (2.5 hours a month) - gives a pilot about 1 four day trip of paid sick time while our mainline brothers and sisters get over 5 times as much and they start out with more days off and less trips flown. Finally, one of our senior captains said it best when talking about the bonus payment "if they give us another $10,000 a year, then we will almost be back to our (Mesaba) pay rates from before the fake bankruptcy." He forgot to mention better reserve rules, better 401k to also bring us back to pre bankruptcy levels etc etc.

If I were looking for a job with potential, good pay for a regional, lived in MsP DTW or NYC or an easy commute to any of the three, and a desire to work for the most profitable, stable, best managed mainline carrier out there (Delta) who treats and pays their pilots the best, I would come work at Endeavor Air.

It's a shame they treat all the contract employees like crap though.

Latest resources

Back