Emirates: Pay And Expenses During Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AT7^DRIVER

Just curious if anyone out there knows whether you're paid during training? What is the pay? Lodging and per diem during training? How long is training? Anyone move to Dubai with wife and kids?

Thanks.

You are paid your normal base salary the moment you set foot in Dubai. There is no per diem. Lodging is also provided immediately for you. You will be picked up by a driver when you airline into DXB who will hand you the keys to your new place and you will spend your first night in your new home. There is a shortage of pilot villas at the moment (and occasionally shortages of apartments as well) so you may be given temporary accomodation at a long stay type hotel until something frees up. Training took me four months from start until final line check. I think it might takes new guys even longer these days for lack of trainers and sim availability. I would recommend leaving the wife and kids at home until you are nearly finished with training. It's a very busy time- you are learning a new aircraft as well as buying furniture, setting up bank accounts, organizing a car, etc etc.

Hi!

I'm not sure about the Emirates spouse-job thing, but this is general situation in Dubai.

>100K British have now moved to Dubai, and they outnumber the locals. They have re-colonized Dubai and taken over by default.

ALL types of professionals have moved to Dubai to work-Doctors, nurses, lawyers, architects, accounts, engineers, etc., etc.

They can NOT fill their needs with locals, so they are recruiting all over the place. I think Emirates has workers from over 70 countries, and it is a mirror of Dubai.

Good luck!

cliff
INT

Leave the wife/family home till you're nearly done with training because I'll need to buy furniture and set up bank accounts?

That's EXACTLY why I would HAVE to take them. ;) TC

Just wait

Just wait till she gets here because she will NOT like the crap they give us, and it is not worth the money they take away from you to get it.

Bring/buy your own stuff, and take the allowance.
Then don't look back

Leave the wife/family home till you're nearly done with training because I'll need to buy furniture and set up bank accounts?

That's EXACTLY why I would HAVE to take them. ;) TC

That's exactually what I was thinkting TC! Hey bro it was good talking to you yesterday, sorry I had to run but you know how it is had to move the metal for scareways...

WD aka A320PLT

Training Pay

Training Pay is your base salary which is around 5,600 US dollars a month. I finished training on Christmas day, it took 3 and a half months of training. However I was the first done with training in my class some of the other guys took over 4 months. Upon arrival you can get up to 50 percent of your first months pay within a week, which was taken out of my second pay check. You get paid once a month. Most people leave thier family at home, out of the 9 people in my class of which everyone was married except me, 2 people brought thier family from day one and most of the rest of the guys family came two months into training. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Training Pay is your base salary which is around 5,600 US dollars a month. I finished training on Christmas day, it took 3 and a half months of training. However I was the first done with training in my class some of the other guys took over 4 months. Upon arrival you can get up to 50 percent of your first months pay within a week, which was taken out of my second pay check. You get paid once a month. Most people leave thier family at home, out of the 9 people in my class of which everyone was married except me, 2 people brought thier family from day one and most of the rest of the guys family came two months into training. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Good info Jeremy, how was the training and how did it compare to other carriers you've worked for?

WD

Latest resources

Back