• Watchers 4

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt

There are still a few with back bone in upper management.

If you do know, then I am sure you understand.

FracCapt, qwerty...

O.k. so you know who I work for. Not a big deal I suppose. Just wondering what happened to you guy while you worked for us? I'm sure it could be a long list of things but what are the big ones that stand out in your mind?

Spiff

It just goes to show you that no good deed goes unpunished.

UPS, I mean XYZ sucks when it comes to how they treat their contract carriers. I know a guy who flew out of PDX a few years ago in the Chieftain. Somehow a letter got under the floor in the back, and wasn't found until MX one day opened up the floor. When UPS found out they made the company go back through their records and find out who was flying the plane at the time the letter was lost. When they found out, they banned the pilot from flying the UPS side anymore. I don't know about you, but my pre/post flight doesn't include removing panels from the airplane. I wouldn't expect operations to back the pilot, they're much more concerned with the customer, but the ACP should definately show some backbone and stand up for the pilot. I had one ACP tell us (pilots) that we work for him, not operations, and if we ever had a problem to let him know and he'll take care of it. Most people here are like that, but it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the rest. Gotta love the 30 day revolving contract with UPS. They'd rather have it done fast and cheap then done right.

What was in the package?

This whole thing would become very simple if there was an "illegal substance" in the package in question. I understand your need to be vague, but was the package inspected by law enforcement? Was there anything improper? If there was, or if law enforcement thought they had "probable cause" to inspect the package, he may be covered.

Just in case, I'd call your local consumer protection reporter at the local network TV affiliate...

There was an illegal substance. The box was 20lbs of a pot smokers wet dream. lol Local law inforcement was brought in, though I don't know any details reguarding them.

I hear that there may be some good news for the pilot in the next day or so. I am waiting to see what happens before I post further.

Well it looks as if things have been resolved. The Chief Pilot made a visit and the pilot has been cleared of any wrong doings.

Sadly those who tried to pull this are still around to cause further trouble. It's just a shame that we can't clean house so we can get things done the right way.

Further more it appears that there are those who are on to who I am. So this will be my last post as SpiffAV8. I stuck my neck out for a friend, one whom I have a great deal of respect for. I hope that it won't be used against me, though I imagine it will in one form or another.

So long....

SpiffAV8

Latest resources

Back