Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot Careers
Qualifications

Typical qualifications for consideration as a FedEx pilot.

• Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
  • Current ATP Certificate or written
  • Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
  • Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
  • Recency and type of experience is considered
  • Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
  • College Degree from an accredited college or university
  • Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
  • Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)
  • Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
  • 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof, including a minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof.
    Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
    Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
  • All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued
there it is in black and white...get it!

Yes FedEx is one of the college degree only airlines out there. But I think there is better change of college degree pilot being turned down by FedEx than there is of a non-degreed guy being turned down by JB, SWA, or AirTran. Some airlines do not let the absence of a degree stand in the way of hiring the right pilot. FedEx in its early days could have cared less about a college degree, I know a guy who went there in 1975 he was a NavCad.

the only reason i posted that was to show that the degree is used to dwindle down the list of applicants..i have flown with guys at a previous job were were awesome aviators and did not go to college...i also know many guys that don't have college and are working other places..now if there was a shortage obviously that would be one of the quals that might disappear...but it is a requirement and if you have the means to get one ..you should..that's all

pilotyip said:
Yes FedEx is one of the college degree only airlines out there. But I think there is better change of college degree pilot being turned down by FedEx than there is of a non-degreed guy being turned down by JB, SWA, or AirTran.

What? I am in the wrong line of work!

atpcliff said:
The more you try and resist your "density" (Back To The Future), the worse it gets each time.
Resist "density"? Carl Brashear, is that you?

DC8 Flyer said:
I wouldn't be at any major, maybe AirTran or JB, but those I don't want to be at either.
/rant over

Duuuuuude, duuuude, duuude!

Are you sniffin magic markers, or what? I guess you be like one a them cats that like marches to their own like drummer boy and stuff.

Da Blue and Da Tranny are like freaking different, but both are like freaking ree-hee-heelie good places to work, my brother from some uddder planetarian mother!

So, I gots to know....inquiring minds want to know, Duude, I WANT TO KNOW!!!!

Here's like what we da peeps want to know....Dude, if you don't be wantin da Blue or Da Tranny, then what job is like da job dat YOU are looking for?

Oh, yeeaaahh, gimmie some a dat magic marker, duude, I dig dat smell!

AA717driver said:
I'd like to personally thank the Moderators for allowing us the use of the IGNORE feature. Thank you.TC

Duuude, you just GOTS to get hired by da Tranny, cause I gots to fly wit you, bro and like get you some brewskis and help you to be like chillin!

Dude, I like NEVER ignore any of dem peeps on ole Flightinfo. You peeps are like the only family I gots!!!!

bestpilot said:
Duuude, you just GOTS to get hired by da Tranny, cause I gots to fly wit you, bro and like get you some brewskis and help you to be like chillin!

Dude, I like NEVER ignore any of dem peeps on ole Flightinfo. You peeps are like the only family I gots!!!!

bestpilot,
Dude, You crack me up! The only time I laugh on flightinfo is when I read your posts. Please keep em coming and always keep the good attitude. Definately nice to read positive comments.
About this thread - yeah, just go to Auburn, chase the ladies, and fly some on the side when you're sober. Don't forget to ride the beacon and get yo freak on, on runway 36!
Gotta have the degree. Grades? Just don't fail your classes.

Latest resources

Back