• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL Starts the Consolidation of MSP and ATL Training Centers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it. DAL is consolidating their assets, that's one of the main reasons you merge airlines. It's good business. Consolidating assets is also one of the reasons SWA and AirTran are merging. Why is this a food fight on here?

Its the typical my airline is better schlong measuring contest. Delta employees have had it for a long time and its slowly creeping in at WN/FL now that its a desired job. In the early 2000's WN and FL were nowhere near the top of peoples' lists who were scouting for pilot jobs.

Will SWA keep all 717 sims in ATL? Probably not, they will probably move them to DAL. And has Delta given up any gates in MSP? They are adding a bunch of Md90s there, added Paris and LHR flights, and the town still has 22 Fortune 500 companies based there. CVG really only has Procter and Gamble. PIT is, well the pits. I trained there at Natco for my 320 seat, and I enjoyed it, but if it saves money and gives me more of it someday, then great.

OYS

Actually CVG has 9 fortune 500 companies and 15 fortune 1000 companies.

I don't get it. DAL is consolidating their assets, that's one of the main reasons you merge airlines. It's good business. Consolidating assets is also one of the reasons SWA and AirTran are merging. Why is this a food fight on here?

It's more about how different the two airlines are. SW vs Legacy is alive and well.

The General is happy for the retirements (which I can understand), but he doesn't tell the other side of the story. It's STILL a legacy mentality of guys sitting at home getting guarantee every month waiting on training.

One retirement sends 11 guys to the training center. And plenty of pilots won't have immediate slots to get in, but will already be awarded the new A/C. Welcome to the summer off and a huge cost to the DL bottom line...and General says that's a great thing! (cost of doing business, right Gen?)

Here's the overall problem with the DL/NW merger. It was said to bring plenty of synergies to the remaining operations but it's starting to look more like a drag on the bottom line than anything else. Adding Asia to the DL network was a good thing, plus a few more US-European routes. But the whole thing is offset by NINE fleets types, thousands of extra training events and spare A/C parts sitting around everwhere. The capital expenditures just for the parts alone are mind numbing.

So in the end, it just doesn't look as strong as it was spun to the original shareholders, and apparently they know it.

SW? A completely different operation from top to bottom. None of the above happening in Dallas, thank God.

Red wears a Flag Tie and is suddenly an Airline analyst!!

Sad to hear they are closing NATCO, they did a nice job...be it a little overkill.

Having transitioned to the Airbus fleet as an original Delta pilot I feel lucky to have experienced the level of "tutoring" that the NWA pilots received, that culture
my friends it over and it is time to get er done by yourself :-(

JP

Why does every thread turn into a Delta vs. Southwest? zzzzzzzzzz
I've been on here awhile and watched it transpire.
For some reason the SWA folks on here seem to feel like they have to put down everything non SWA/SWAPA or at the very least try to convince everyone that they are "better than the legacies" or "we are going to kick everyone else's ass.
I believe that is called a Napoleon complex.
I think some DAL folks on here just got sick of it and decided to fire back.

and the town still has 22 Fortune 500 companies based there. CVG really only has Procter and Gamble. OYS

Wanna try that one again?
Kroger (above P&G)
P&G
5/3 Bank
Western & Southern
American Financial
AK Steel
(Oops, forgot Chemed and Chiquita)
W/I 100 Miles:
Progressive
Cardinal Health
Big Lots
Monetine Special Chem
Limited Brands
Toyota North America
Nationwide
American Elec Power

Last edited:
Bill and Dan,

Get over yourselves. I just posted an article from Business Week. Most of the times it Dan, OYS, Scope and the Genital jumping into the Southwest threads and trying to muddy the waters. Why do they care or bother? I see alot less arogance on the SW side than at Delta. Talk about thin-skinned. Wow.

What part of what I posted is false?

RF

Latest resources

Back