• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL Starts the Consolidation of MSP and ATL Training Centers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical Delta insecurity. If it is better than what we do, get rid of it. I have not heard of one FDAL pilot who did not think NATCO was a great experience. NATCO, winner of how many training awards over the years. Home of NWA's outstanding training, and used by how many other airlines because it was the best of the best. Having had a couple trips to Virginia Ave. I will confirm Delta is in the dark ages in most areas. A sad day and didn't think Delta would show its real intensions so soon. She deserved UsAir taking her over and breaking her down to something she is really worth.

Only the beginning. DL is slowly phasing flying out of there as well. MSP will be the next PIT and CVG in about 10 years.

Typical Delta insecurity. If it is better than what we do, get rid of it. I have not heard of one FDAL pilot who did not think NATCO was a great experience. NATCO, winner of how many training awards over the years. Home of NWA's outstanding training, and used by how many other airlines because it was the best of the best. Having had a couple trips to Virginia Ave. I will confirm Delta is in the dark ages in most areas. A sad day and didn't think Delta would show its real intensions so soon. She deserved UsAir taking her over and breaking her down to something she is really worth.

NWA's "outstanding training?" Give me a break. I went through training there and was appalled at the lack of focus, standardization and consistency of their "professional" (and mostly part time) instructors for contract training. I can only hope that their in house training greatly exceeded their contract training ... IT SUCKED. Flight Safety was certainly more comprehensive.

Based upon my experience, DALs closing can only improve their (DALs) training programs.

Only the beginning. DL is slowly phasing flying out of there as well. MSP will be the next PIT and CVG in about 10 years.

Will SWA keep all 717 sims in ATL? Probably not, they will probably move them to DAL. And has Delta given up any gates in MSP? They are adding a bunch of Md90s there, added Paris and LHR flights, and the town still has 22 Fortune 500 companies based there. CVG really only has Procter and Gamble. PIT is, well the pits. I trained there at Natco for my 320 seat, and I enjoyed it, but if it saves money and gives me more of it someday, then great.

OYS

Will SWA keep all 717 sims in ATL? Probably not, they will probably move them to DAL. And has Delta given up any gates in MSP? They are adding a bunch of Md90s there, added Paris and LHR flights, and the town still has 22 Fortune 500 companies based there. CVG really only has Procter and Gamble. PIT is, well the pits. I trained there at Natco for my 320 seat, and I enjoyed it, but if it saves money and gives me more of it someday, then great.

OYS

AirTran has 2 717 sims. I don't think that compares to NATCO. The state of GA never gave AirTran money with the understanding they would keep a % of jobs in atl. Northwest did take money from MN and did say they would keep jobs in MN Delta has not kept their side of the deal.

How about you stop worrying about AirTran/SWA

OYS

What does this announcement have to due with Airtran? I'm confused.

Too bad. The North facility was much more relaxed than Virginia Avenue. If you left the facility for a walk all you had to worry about were angry deer.

AirTran has 2 717 sims. I don't think that compares to NATCO. The state of GA never gave AirTran money with the understanding they would keep a % of jobs in atl. Northwest did take money from MN and did say they would keep jobs in MN Delta has not kept their side of the deal.

How about you stop worrying about AirTran/SWA

Ever been to DL's ATL training center? You failed the psych, right? It is a huge facility, and there is still room. In fact, DL has sims in there that do contract work for World Airways (MD11), and other airlines. That can all be moved, and the Natco sims can be trucked to ATL. Plenty of room. I think OYS meant that most mergers will consolidate their training into one place, like Southwest may do with the Airtran sims. Is it that hard to figure out? For you, obviously yes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back