• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL Starts the Consolidation of MSP and ATL Training Centers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does this announcement have to due with Airtran? I'm confused.

Will you keep two training centers? Doubt it. Got it yet? You can do it!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ever been to DL's ATL training center? You failed the psych, right? It is a huge facility, and there is still room. In fact, DL has sims in there that do contract work for World Airways (MD11), and other airlines. That can all be moved, and the Natco sims can be trucked to ATL. Plenty of room. I think OYS meant that most mergers will consolidate their training into one place, like Southwest may do with the Airtran sims. Is it that hard to figure out? For you, obviously yes.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes I have been to the delta training center. No I didn't fail the psych I've never put an app in with delta. When delta was hiring my buddy who is a 10 yr Fo at delta told me not to bother. No real movement for the next 10yrs.
I've flown overseas I don't care for it. I look forward to texas overnights.
I'll say it again delta closing natco has nothing to do with AirTran/swa
Worry about what delta is doing.

Yes I have been to the delta training center. No I didn't fail the psych I've never put an app in with delta. When delta was hiring my buddy who is a 10 yr Fo at delta told me not to bother. No real movement for the next 10yrs.
I've flown overseas I don't care for it. I look forward to texas overnights.
I'll say it again delta closing natco has nothing to do with AirTran/swa
Worry about what delta is doing.

Okay....huh? No real movement in the next 10 years? Try 4000 age 65 retirements. That is HUGE movement, just like Redflyer has each time he lays over in LBB. If you want to talk about no real movement, try Southwest and the new Airtran. Very young Airtran group moves in to the middle of the Southwest seniority list. Only 150 or so scheduled retirements each year at Southwest for the next 10. When one senior guy leaves at Delta, 11 people move up the ladder, due to multiple airplanes. Not so at Southwest, maybe 2 or 3 move, and with the 717 added, maybe one more. That's it. No real upward movement, and thanks to the younger Airtran guys moving in, no upgrades for you.

Also, you don't only do INTL flying at DL. You can easily do both at the same time (DOM and INTL), or only DOM, or only INTL. It's called variety, you need to look it up when you are bored out of your skull in AMA.

This is a public board, and I can give an opinion on anything. Delta closing Natco is the same as Southwest moving sims from ATL to DAL eventually, just on a larger scale. The DL training center has a lot more room to expand, many bays, and the Natco sims will fit nicely. Now, let's get back to something more interesting, like your SLI.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Any MULTIPLE cost. What a joke...like arguing with a carny. Huge cost that he's proud of...

Unlike your thinking, DL can't fly 737s all over the WORLD. You may think you can, but you just can't. Some WORLDWIDE routes need planes that can fly that far. YOU CAN'T use the same plane on a 1 hour segment to Nashville. You just can't. (I mean you can, but that would be even more costly)

Red, I know you are smarter than this. I know you can do it. DL has routes that aren't the same. Southwest likes to stop every hour somewhere, and maybe some longer segments, but not many. DL does not. Detroit to Seoul uses a 777. Atlanta to Charleston uses DC9s. JFK to Tokyo uses a 744 for passengers and cargo. LAX to JFK uses 757s. Ft Lauderdale to LAX uses A320s. Different missions at WORLDWIDE airlines necessitates different size planes. Sorry. It is a cost issue, but last year DL made $billions, paid off $2 billion in debt, and is predicted to make a profit this year too. I bet you can try to understand that---apples to oranges buddy.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We can at least agree that 11 training events for ONE retirement is rather excessive. That's what happens when you try to carry nine fleet types..horribly ineffecient. Enjoy that buddy!

Last edited:
We can at least agree that 11 training events for ONE retirement is rather excessive. That's what happens when you try to carry nine fleet types..horribly ineffecient. Enjoy that buddy!

Maybe so, but DL still made more money than Southwest did last year, paid more out to employees in profit sharing, and paid off $2 billion in debt. This quarter DL has an extra $700 million in free cash flow. Sounds like they don't mind. And, 9 fleet types means variety in flying, and not as much boredom as flying the same plane type, forever. Yes, you will have the chance to fly right seat in the 717, (and get a FREE type too) but after that any new plane (or even widebody) speculation is just that, speculation. Enjoy that 717 buddy, you will ROCK Moline.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL
Glad the hear delta is doing so well. Maybe now you guys can start paying tax on your jet fuel in ATL like everyone else.

Okay....huh? No real movement in the next 10 years? Try 4000 age 65 retirements.

Sooo ... You're relying on the death or retirement of your elderly pilots for your seniority gains ? Genius.

Not so at Southwest, maybe 2 or 3 move, and with the 717 added, maybe one more. That's it. No real upward movement, and thanks to the younger Airtran guys moving in, no upgrades for you.

Have you heard of growth and hiring. No ? Thought not.

Bye Bye---General Lee

See above.

I don't get it. DAL is consolidating their assets, that's one of the main reasons you merge airlines. It's good business. Consolidating assets is also one of the reasons SWA and AirTran are merging. Why is this a food fight on here?

Latest resources

Back