Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite huge profit, no bonuses at Emirates? What gives?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dubai is a decent place to live. If anyone things it is a terrible place, then they need to expand their mind. There are many, many places on earth that are FAR worse to live in than DXB.

Mind you, I am not a big fan of DXB, but it is a decent place. For one thing, there is personal security. DXB is a MUCH, MUCH safer place to live in than anywhere in the U.S., for one thing.

The word is spelled LEGION. Try to express yourself without using profanity - it will lessen your anger.

fv

I am from the ghetto and can't spell but you make sure you don't call the brothers from the US forces to help your arse when the bombs are dropping by the Persians

Oh I forgot you will run like a little girl to the nearest US embassy

We wonder why the image of a "professional" pilot has dwindled down to a glorified bus driver to the general public in the U.S.

ATTN: KKK members and illiterate high school drop-outs

Apply at an airline near you, just like sniper did.[/QUOTE

A/C flown? What happen with the RJ are you a big shot emiratii now and ashamed to say you flew RJ in the US..

Kids are always kids I guess

For one thing, there is personal security. DXB is a MUCH, MUCH safer place to live in than anywhere in the U.S., for one thing.[/QUOTE]

YGTBSM! Dubai personal safety! You must be talking about all of the security agents hired in Dubai that provide for our safety...right. You know the ones that are sleeping in the stairwells, at their desks and chairs outside the building entrances. What about crossing a street in a cross walk...everyone stops right? And then there is the occasional numbskull that waits on the corner to jump out in front of you when you're driving home after a late one looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...blood-money...friend of mine spent 4 days in jail. Then there is the Aussie who is raped by 4 pieces of ******************** that goes to jail for 8 months for having sex before marriage. Don't even get me going about the roads and drivers....more people killed percapita on a bicycle that any state in the US. Please don't spew your horse******************** comparison of Dubai and the States. I would rather live anywhere in the States even Chicago...I am a mercenary here...it is tolerable.... By the way, place is a ******************** hole...and yes there are many ******************** holes in the world...while flying in Dubai I go to them logging more combat time in Dubai than in the US.

I am from the ghetto and can't spell but you make sure you don't call the brothers from the US forces to help your arse when the bombs are dropping by the Persians

Oh I forgot you will run like a little girl to the nearest US embassy

From the ghetto.

Now there's a shock.

fv

For one thing, there is personal security. DXB is a MUCH, MUCH safer place to live in than anywhere in the U.S., for one thing.

YGTBSM! Dubai personal safety! You must be talking about all of the security agents hired in Dubai that provide for our safety...right. You know the ones that are sleeping in the stairwells, at their desks and chairs outside the building entrances. What about crossing a street in a cross walk...everyone stops right? And then there is the occasional numbskull that waits on the corner to jump out in front of you when you're driving home after a late one looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...blood-money...friend of mine spent 4 days in jail. Then there is the Aussie who is raped by 4 pieces of ******************** that goes to jail for 8 months for having sex before marriage. Don't even get me going about the roads and drivers....more people killed percapita on a bicycle that any state in the US. Please don't spew your horse******************** comparison of Dubai and the States. I would rather live anywhere in the States even Chicago...I am a mercenary here...it is tolerable.... By the way, place is a ******************** hole...and yes there are many ******************** holes in the world...while flying in Dubai I go to them logging more combat time in Dubai than in the US.[/QUOTE]

Very nice, but you are dealing with Gringos that have the shine big jet syndrome drilled into their heads.....from an RJ to a777 because they cant get hired by the legacies.....violations. failed checkrides. no degrees etc....

80 percent if americans there are in this category

From the ghetto.

Now there's a shock.

fv

yes from the ghetto with a bachelors degree, 4 languages 7 type ratings, checkairman never failed a checkride never violated and work for a major in the US..

dont ask for a letter of recommendation....like you did when you were flying RJs...truth hurts ha

English is my 3rd language out of 4

and i hold a blue and a red passport

and i will fight against emirates qatar and the rest of the arab hypocrat airlines that brainwashed you

Last edited:
Sniper...man...sounds like you have a screw loose in that noggin of yours. I for one am one of the Americans in Dubai...please keep the American bashing to yourself. Moreover, I will wager that the education I have is much more extensive and superior to yours. And I was probably flying low and fast when you were in diapers. Admittingly, you must have a little intelligence based on your grasp of 4 different languages...especially english, since it appears not to be your native tongue.

The comments you make regarding RJ drivers coming here to fly shiny jets is unfounded and frankly stupid. First, over the past few years which US legacy has hired...where they going to go...who in the hell wants to make $20 an hour and live in a car? Second, having interviewed with and hired by 4 US legacies, I assure you the interviews in Dubai for pilots are much more difficult than any US legacy...skin color or plumbing is not an advantage here by the way. Finally, you seem to know it all...so how do you measure success in this business...money...airplane type? For those younsters that get hired by Emirates or FlyDubai and elect to stay for 10 or 15 years their portfolio will far exceed yours based on income. How long does it take to command a 777 in the US...20-25 years? How about 5 here. Or even a 737...5-7 years? How about 2-3 here. Let's see, I have 14 years seniority at a US legacy and furloughed twice...great track record...I too am a member of ALPO...you see how that's working out. It's easy to keep your nose clean in Dubai, so the chance of longevity is much much better in a Dubai legacy than any US legacy...there are 10 UAL retreads here in the same situation. So, who my friend is the smarter based on money or shiny airplanes? It ain't you!! So lay off the RJ drivers will you? I didn't fly one by the way.

Finally, I have a good friend in my company (in Dubai) who just happens to be a real sniper (in the Corps) and may be the sharpest FO I have ever flown with. If I were you, I would not tell him he is a whiney RJ driver.

Don't get me wrong...I am not a fan of this place or many of the surrounding countries along with the culture. But, dude you just sound dumb...sorry.

Grizz

Dubai is a decent place to live. If anyone things it is a terrible place, then they need to expand their mind. There are many, many places on earth that are FAR worse to live in than DXB.

Mind you, I am not a big fan of DXB, but it is a decent place. For one thing, there is personal security. DXB is a MUCH, MUCH safer place to live in than anywhere in the U.S., for one thing.

Except if you are a young attractive woman. Then plan on definetly being harassed and targeted. Don't bother complaining to the authorities either.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/...ed-arab-emirates/story-e6frfq80-1226028892697

Ditto

B-squared...you are right bra...I see this every day. I live in the Marina and get nauseated when I see attractive ladies being ogled by locals. Of course this happens everywhere in the world, but not as blatant as I see here. Mind you, I look but not with my tongue hanging out with the horn blowing in the fancy little sports cars...mine is a porsche by the way.

Latest resources

Back