• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta work rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For you guys NOT on Mil leave whom can access PBS - where can I find the reserves req in a category? The pilot's home page? Just curious...coming back from leave in Jan/Feb - I'm a Spring 01 hire. Wonder if I could hold 76 F/O ATL off reserve........

As of Jun 07 you can't. I'm a Jan 00 hire, been on reserve ATL76B for 2 1/2 years now. Am hopeful for a line for Jul though.

PBS doesn't tell you where you would sit. You mean DBMS? That'd give you a current estimate. But you'd be better off taking a look at the projected category list from the last bid on DeltaNet under Crew Resources.

What about short-call in NYC? I assume it's 2 hours to any one of the three airports.

What about short-call in NYC? I assume it's 2 hours to any one of the three airports.

No, a pilot on short call "must be able to promptly report for an awarded/assigned rotation." Two hours is considered the norm, but it is not a requirement. Local traffic issues can arise. A reserve pilot sitting short call reserve in Kew Gardens might take longer than 2 hours to report to Newark for a rotation and still be in compliance with his short call obligation.

PBS doesn't tell you where you would sit. You mean DBMS? That'd give you a current estimate. But you'd be better off taking a look at the projected category list from the last bid on DeltaNet under Crew Resources.

I thought PBS determined the # of reserves in cat?

In NY reasonable available is generally 3 hours from the "nearest" airport (the extra hour is also for LAX)....like mentioned you might be 3 hours from JFK, but that puts you 5 hours from EWR or vice versa.

As for reserve... we are so short of pilots short call isn't really a player (at least for F/O's). They may give you short call but in the last two years I think I've actually sat short call maybe 3 times because you usually have a trip on your line before you even start short call.

Being on reserve right now is just like having a line....only you don't know where you're going until the day before. Bottom line is you'll be flying every day until you fill up.

As to GL's 69 hour comment, he's in la la land. I've NEVER been under 70 hours since May '05 and I'm usually near or over 80. The trip I just got assigned for tomorrow puts me at 76 hours for the month and I'll still have a week to go after that (with 5 more days of reserve). While the company can't fly me over 82 this month I'm willing to be I'll end up within an hour of 82.

Reserve mainly sucks because we're so short you can't move your off days and you have to talk to overworked stresses out schedulers who most of the time aren't very nice to talk to.

I thought PBS determined the # of reserves in cat?

PBS doesn't really have anything to do with reserve other then those who don't get a line under PBS get to be on reserve.

Block hours vs. the number of pilots in relation to the average line value determines the number of reserves in cat.

Right now we have summer block hours vs. not enough pilots and a high ALV. Not a good combo. Luckily the company seems to have caught on a little bit by increasing the hiring.

I've NEVER been under 70 hours since May '05 and I'm usually near or over 80. The trip I just got assigned for tomorrow puts me at 76 hours for the month and I'll still have a week to go after that (with 5 more days of reserve). While the company can't fly me over 82 this month I'm willing to be I'll end up within an hour of 82.

while the company cannot make a reserve go over the ALV, you can volunteer to go over the ALV. Sometimes thats a better choice. FlyingSig, for example, could end up with a crappy two day with a deadhead on both ends some they don't take him above the ALV, when volunteering to go over the ALV could have gotten him a nice three day trip. Take a look at open time and make your choices accordingly. Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by FDJ2
VACANCY/SURPLUS POSTING
DATE: 11JUN07

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE PILOT AGREEMENT, THE FOLLOWING VACANCIES ARE OFFERED FOR BID.

CATEGORY VACANCIES

ATL7ERF/O 6 NEW HIRE POSITIONS
ATL767F/O 53 NEW HIRE POSITIONS
NYC7ERF/O 58 NEW HIRE POSITIONS

So, when I start class on Monday, what aircraft will I be offered? What should I bid? I'm at a loss. BTW I live in ATL.
R1​

So, when I start class on Monday, what aircraft will I be offered? What should I bid? I'm at a loss. BTW I live in ATL.
R1

If would guess you may be offered a lot of choices, from 88s and 738s in ATL and NYC to 767 or 7ER.

My suggestion of you live in ATL would be first to take an aircraft that will be based in ATL. Beyond that, up to you. If you go to the 767 you will be on reserve a long time. Shortest time on reserve will be the 88.

Not sure how the decide what airplanes are offered to what classes, but I know within the class your seniority is determined by SS number.

Good luck on your decision and welcome!

Latest resources

Back