• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to start hiring 50 a month in June or July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
anewunion how is class. Are you still not willing to help us little guys out with a little system help?

Seniorty is based off of the last 4 of your social, with lowest being the most senior. L.

I thought the higher the number the more senior you were.

I thought the higher the number the more senior you were.

Just like United, a 0134 number would be senior to a 9756 number. I wish it was like that when I got hired way back when---I would have 30 more people behind me.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is what the contract says.....

2. Seniority numbers will be assigned to individuals on the first day of their new-hire training in the following order:
a. Company transferees will be assigned the lowest seniority numbers within the class,
in order of their most recent date of employment with the Company, then
b. New-hires will be assigned seniority numbers on the basis of the last four digits of each individual’s social security number. Individuals with the higher numbers will be assigned the lowest seniority numbers.​

Delta

1500tt/1100 turbine, no TPIC - mostly military and a little part 121 - Would I be wasting my time applying?

Military guys can get in with that. That is why the mins are there. Do it now. Beat all of your buddies that will be coming out of the military in the next 18-24 months. All they can say is no.

1500tt/1100 turbine, no TPIC - mostly military and a little part 121 - Would I be wasting my time applying?

If you meet these minimum qualifications and you were military trained, you would not be wasting your time by applying. Good Luck.:)

Basic qualifications for pilot employment at Delta Air Lines are:
  • At least twenty-one years of age.
  • A graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accrediting organization. Postgraduate education will be given favorable consideration.
  • Currently hold a FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating.
  • A current FAA ATP written exam at time of interview.
  • Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time.
  • Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time.

Note: When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; hours flown as PIC; and recency and extent of flying experience. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.
  • A current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
  • Able to pass a DOT required pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by Delta.
  • A current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and reenter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents).
  • Able to pass a TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check.

I don't thing going to boot camp qualifies as military. Assuming this, how would you have 1100 turbine and no PIC in the military?

Military guys can get in with that. That is why the mins are there. Do it now. Beat all of your buddies that will be coming out of the military in the next 18-24 months. All they can say is no.
Curious, why in the next 18-24 months?

I don't thing going to boot camp qualifies as military. Assuming this, how would you have 1100 turbine and no PIC in the military?
Marines: 1996-2003
Air National Guard: 2003-present
1100 turbine: roughly 500hrs KC135 (upgrade is 800hrs minimun), 200+ from UPT, the rest part 121.

Latest resources

Back