• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to start hiring 50 a month in June or July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will get a call very quickly. Delta loves military guys and if you meet the mins you will get a shout. There are not too many of ya around at the present time.

Hey y'all-

It's pretty clear that Delta is partial to military folks, which is fine. Just kind of wondering though, how are the chances for a civilian guy these days? I've got about 7000 hours TT and about 3000 121 PIC. Appreciate any insight!

With the guys that have been in the last few classes, I think that you have a decent chance. I would suggest doing IOE or something above and beyond line flying. Most of the folks that did not have major connections at Delta, were doing theses types of job functions.

My guess. Merger with NWA, which will go relative posistion. So, with the amount of hiring DAL has planned if you get hired soon, your 2007-2008 doh could slot you in with a 1999-2000 doh with the red-headed step children.

We have an entitlement out. It shows about 150 73Ns and MD-88s in ATL for new hires, along with 40 NYC 767 Int'l. These 767s wouldn't go to new hires; you'd have to first check out on the 73N or 88, but, the last few bids didn't fill the 767s in NY so, I'd imagine anyone willing to train again could probably successfully bid it the next AE that came out.

Does anyone know if those new hire positions on the 7ng and the 88 (that are for new hire positions, are biddable in the AE) or is that where they are going to stick the new hires that are coming off of the street in those slots?

Every spot is bidable. The reason it's on the AE is to give you a chance to bid it before they assign it to a new hire.

Latest resources

Back