• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta stock set to crash... maybe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your CEO is basically calling on you guys to give concessions, because your costs are TOO HIGH!

Concessions? Where did you read that? Please provide a source.

Not replacing the 717? Have you seen our order book? Plenty of 700's/800's and Max aircraft on the way brother.

Plus this...

'Don't forget that Delta is underfunding their pension by estimating higher returns on their pension assets than something like 90 percent of other companies. This could account for such good short term numbers'

Concessions? Where did you read that? Please provide a source.

Not replacing the 717? Have you seen our order book? Plenty of 700's/800's and Max aircraft on the way brother.

Plus this...

'Don't forget that Delta is underfunding their pension by estimating higher returns on their pension assets than something like 90 percent of other companies. This could account for such good short term numbers'

Remember the pension payments are like mortgage payments, you pay over time, not all at once. You know that!

So, why again did you just defer 30 737-800s for a few years? Saving up cash? For a raise for you guys? I hope so!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Umm, most pay all their "debts"... "over time".

If you paid them all at once they wouldn't be "debt" now would they?

How's that vote look General? You guys gonna continue to feed the whipsaw?

Umm, most pay all their "debts"... "over time".

If you paid them all at once they wouldn't be "debt" now would they?

How's that vote look General? You guys gonna continue to feed the whipsaw?

Why don't you read the TA before you blabber your opinion all over the place. If you actually read it and looked at the presentation I believe you would have a different opinion.

Why don't you read the TA before you blabber your opinion all over the place. If you actually read it and looked at the presentation I believe you would have a different opinion.

He's too busy digging up 4 year old threads and splooging off redflyer's bad news over Delta's debt. He's just a bitter and angry little guy who paid for his job, while 1700 Air Tran pilots did not have to!

while 1700 Air Tran pilots did not have to!
Well some of them did, the Valuejet pilots paid FSI $10,000 for their DC-9 F/O jobs

Can you get me a presentation??

I have read the TA.

Did you know that in that TA you guys will allow 70 more -900's? You will validate a decision that was 'forced' on dalpa during bk, and set in stone yourselves as the only big 3 network to allow outsourcing of that large an aircraft- (even as AA turns down AMR's request to go big on RJs, and even as UAL/CAL fights to keep scope at 66 seats)- and even when you consider usair - your NEW order of -900's is almost equal to their entire fleet of -900's & e-175's.
Did you know that voting this in outside of "duress" sets a legal precedent that is much stronger? That the AMR bk judge is bound to consider? So when you see that CRJ-1000 taxi by in DFW, make sure you know who helped that to happen.

When you show me which of these ^^^ statements are false, and I'll tell you I agree with a yes vote. The rest is an admittedly sophisticated "greying" of the issue, that does improve your contract in many areas, mixed in with an insultingly low amount of greed. (you deserve better pay than this TA- though it is nice to lock in gains this early.) But domestic scope is a lose. The fight is with big RJs, not small.

You would think that DALPA wouldn't want the black mark of the proliferation of next gen RJs on their hands, since you are the ones who got the original RJs in the skies to begin with.

Look, I would never comment on details of your contract that only affect you-
You decide what you fly for, what work rules you fly under, how much of the pie you get.
But voting to re-load the whipsaw market you helped create just as there is intense economic pressure to reduce it naturally is a crazy thing to consider. It's one thing to vote for what you'll fly for, but to disenfranchise other pilots into an artificial market designed to play groups against each other so that none will ever get decent pay and rules? That's anti-union and wrong.

50's are hitting their cycles- mx and re-engines are downward pressure. 50's are expensive at $4 gas. 50's are only better than turboprops- the large market consumer that has seen them supplement mainline to ridiculous levels hates them. And don't forget reg changes. Pilot training has damn near stopped in the US as contracts have been gutted. Throw in a requirement for 1500 hours, and the bodies just aren't there to fly all those 50's.

Trading this^^^ for -900's as if they're doing you a favor by reducing overall outsourcing is ridiculous.
Mgmt sees the numbers and knows they HAVE to reduce outsourcing- you're making it easier for them to keep up a whipsaw market that puts pressure on every mainline pilot.

The next move will be with the following contract. You can see the press release already...

The 76 seat aircraft aren't economical in this new environment and we have the option to trade them up for 100 seat aircraft that will provide more economical feed.

They will just turn the heat up on the frog and DALPA won't even know that its gotten hotter in the pot, they will just keep staring at their new paychecks.

Last edited:
He's too busy digging up 4 year old threads and splooging off redflyer's bad news over Delta's debt. He's just a bitter and angry little guy who paid for his job, while 1700 Air Tran pilots did not have to!

"little"... :)

I was watching the nba finals the other night- I guess I am little compared...
Can we get the girls to measure our wankers now?

(for the record, the type was a question my union rep asked me- I told him I had zero problem with AT pilots not having to pay for the type- plenty of swa pilots didn't pay for it either- know of quite a few who got delta to pay.

But if you think I'm busy commenting on you guys selling out "next gen" RJs - wait til you pass it. (yes, they are calling them that- don't fall for the branding- Canadair is providing seamless airframes up to 130 seats and hoping we let all of them be outsourced.)

I think Scoots Double Breasted Coat has gotten a little too tight. Don't forget the hat Scoot!

Full Steam Ahead brother, enjoy the larger RJs! Haha.

Latest resources

Back