• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and college GPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW: The college degree is destroying this country with the growing student load bubble. WSJ says starter home sales are fall because potential buyers are making student loan payment instead of house payments.

Shocking to hear of the student loan payments being made by some of the pilots I fly with. Payments are larger than starter home mortgages.
You are essentially financially ruined for the better part of your life.
With the costs of college/flight training reaching unattainable levels I think it would be wise for U.S. airlines to move away from the degree requirement and look at experience and specific training as do foreign carriers.

The only other line of work where importance of where you went to school, how long it took to graduate (doesn't mean a thing. Life gets in the way sometimes), and whatyour GPA was are at Law firms. Delta is NOT a law firm. Just an airline.

There's a long tradition of pilots liking to pretend that we're equal to doctors and attorneys. Delta has just codified it into policy.

There's a long tradition of pilots liking to pretend that we're equal to doctors and attorneys. Delta has just codified it into policy.

And why is this such a bad thing? We strive to make as much (if not more). The barriers to entry should be just as high.

The barriers to entry should be just as high.
good idea lets make an ACT score of 29 the minimum to get an ATP, that would cut down the ranks. And it would have nothing to do with a hving a college degree.

And why is this such a bad thing?

Improving the profession is always a good thing. Thinking you can do it by living in a state of delusion? Not so much. Most pilots couldn't cut it as doctors or attorneys, and deep down, you know that.

Not so much. Most pilots couldn't cut it as doctors or attorneys, and deep down, you know that.
Actually I know four guys I used to fly with in the Navy who became Doctor's

Actually I know four guys I used to fly with in the Navy who became Doctor's

Thank you for proving my point, mister pilot who can't figure out the difference between the possessive and plural form of "doctor." :rolleyes:

Most pilots couldn't cut it as doctors or attorneys, and deep down, you know that.

This statement is not so true at the legacy/UPS/FDX level.

Latest resources

Back