• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and college GPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No argument there. But that's not really the question. The question was about why you think you needed it to be a professional pilot. I know it hurts some feelings, but the reality is that being an airline pilot is not a profession that requires serious academics. Pilots aren't lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc. I guess your claim is that college helped you grow up? My question would be this, then: how do you know that other experiences wouldn't have helped you in the same way? They certainly have for many others.

Disclaimer: I'm not anti-college. I'm actually working on finishing a degree in economics. I just think it's a bit ridiculous to require it of someone who wants to be a pilot.

Wow, a pilot, a owner of a company rolling in money, and finishing a degree in economics. You sure as hell spend a ton of wasted time here on FI with such a full plate...More proof you are a BS artist..

You're not missing anything. Just him/her playing with him (her)self....As usual!

Hey thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule of self fisting to drop by!

Hey thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule of self fisting to drop by!
Your mom was busy "entertaining" the Atlanta Hawks, so I have time, until the next group stops by the "mercyful fate" truck stop!
Tell me, does she still hang that sign from her neck that says, "busses welcome?"

Your mom was busy "entertaining" the Atlanta Hawks, so I have time, until the next group stops by the "mercyful fate" truck stop!
Tell me, does she still hang that sign from her neck that says, "busses welcome?"

HAHAHAHA, oh going to the mom jokes? Hey, when all else fails, bust out the Jr High level stuff...Great job little buddy!

I consider my biggest accomplishment in college to be my not being brainwashed by 4 yrs of incessant liberal indoctrination and bias. I learned far more useful lessons and obtained better life skills as an enlisted Marine than college ever offered.

Amen! I also plan on "thinking critically" by NOT acquiring 100k in debt. I'm slowly acquiring mine at the equivalent of Bumblebee State slowly, online, my own dime. If Delta doesn't like it then they can shove it.

Social skills notwithstanding, here's an example of critical thinking. Brand X has a degree as a requirement. This seemed to totally ignore the requirements for skill and actual experience. How could such a management descision been made? Look at the pilots who are in management positions making these descisions. Now regarding one Atlanta based example, they started, and existed with crop dusters etc. Guys who brought Delta into the jet age with an excellent safety record. They were replaced with double brested suits who managed to make a joke of it during the 80's. But thank god they have degrees.

Latest resources

Back