Decision time...ACA or ASA...Help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt Morgan

Good luck over there at Air Whiskey. I hear great things about that place....duty rigs, high morale, good management, etc etc

I think Eagle is a dead fish. It's a shame because this place could be a wonderful company.

Shove It In Your...

PilotMonkey

Shove it. Give us a freking break here...you had your chance, you chose poorly (Eagle) quit whining about all your choices.

Patriot,

If ASA, Comair, Skywest, ACA, and CHQ all did the same job at the same performance, but ACA and CHQ saved them 10-15% on cost, I can guaruntee they will be doing some expanding.

Within approximately 1 year one of the following will begin to be phased out of the Delta Connection operation.

ACA,

Skywest

Eagle (out of LAX).

Wait and see.

A little off the subject but...

...I was wondering if any ACA guys (or girls) can chime in on the (relative) quality of crew scheduling there. I'm beginning to think that there's only one brain available to the scheduling dept at ASA and all the schedulers have to share it. There seem to be a few decent people there but I've been left scratching my head quite a few times lately with the stuff they've been trying to pull. Dodging calls from scheduling on my days off gets kind of old (gotta love caller ID!) and I'm just wondering if it's the same at ACA.

rjcap said:
Within approximately 1 year one of the following will begin to be phased out of the Delta Connection operation.

ACA,

Skywest

Eagle (out of LAX).

Can I vote for ACA? If you can't tell by my Avtar I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a BOS base for ASA. I don't know about ACA being phased out of DCI but how about we trade BOS for our ATL Brasilia routes?

Anyone? Anyone?:D

Last edited:
Re: Shove It In Your...

WMU_Drew said:
PilotMonkey

Shove it. Give us a freking break here...you had your chance, you chose poorly (Eagle) quit whining about all your choices.

It doesn't sound like whining to me. It sounds like an intelligent guy trying to gather as much info/input as he can regarding an important career decision. One that will substantially affect his quality of life for the next several years, perhaps the rest of his career.

It is painfully obvious that you have nothing constructive to offer. I guess you just wanted to let us all know how jealous you are of someone who has put in the time and effort to succeed in very trying times.

When you grow up, perhaps with a little effort you will find yourself in a position to be making such important decisions.

If not, on the off chance you do get invited to an interview, give me a call, it would be a hoot to watch.

The schedules at ACA, at least on the DL Connxn side, suck. Most lines at LGA were 11-13 days off with low block. They say things will get better at CVG.

Trying to get trips dropped is a real pain in the gonads.

I'm not sure if it's any better at ASA.

The failure rate in the CRJ program is slowly improving, they say.

Pay and work rules are excellent for a regional (sorry -- express carrier.)

If it comes down to a choice between ASA and ACA, you may find the only real difference is the middle initial. Choose based on your commute.

Re: A little off the subject but...

Colonel Cairo said:
...I was wondering if any ACA guys (or girls) can chime in on the (relative) quality of crew scheduling there. I'm beginning to think that there's only one brain available to the scheduling dept at ASA and all the schedulers have to share it. There seem to be a few decent people there but I've been left scratching my head quite a few times lately with the stuff they've been trying to pull. Dodging calls from scheduling on my days off gets kind of old (gotta love caller ID!) and I'm just wondering if it's the same at ACA.

Schedulers have been hit or miss. At times I have been granted some requests that I would think impossible, other times they are so screwed up I wonder how on earth we're still operating.

Like someone said, only difference in ASA and ACA is probably the middle initial.. :)

Latest resources

Back