• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hire Demographic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1000 turbine pic is really the only hard time minimum. The rest is flexible... F-16 guy is competitive and may get on w/ 2000tt; the 2500tt hour civilian pilot with 1000 turbo prop pic probably isn't yet competitive.

There is no turbine pic min requirement.

The above is true, but the only people with no PIC getting called are those deeply connected (read: legacy kids or Delta interns). There are absolutely no FOs getting a call out of the blue from Delta unless they have some serious connections. Couple of female ASA FOs come to find.

Twenty years ago, you couldn't get hired at Delta Air Lines with corrected vision. Doesn't it make sense for Delta to give preferencial treatment to people with glasses who were in diapers back then?

The above is true, but the only people with no PIC getting called are those deeply connected (read: legacy kids or Delta interns). There are absolutely no FOs getting a call out of the blue from Delta unless they have some serious connections. Couple of female ASA FOs come to find.

Some advice to anyone who wants to find some "serious" connections, go to work as a caddy at any Peachtree City, GA golf course on your days off. Try to caddy (for free) for any Delta Captain you meet. He/she will be so impressed (especially if you do it for FREE) that he/she may just give you that recommendation that CHANGES YOUR LIFE... (in a good way) Good luck to you. ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Some advice to anyone who wants to find some "serious" connections, go to work as a caddy at any Peachtree City, GA golf course on your days off. Try to caddy (for free) for any Delta Captain you meet. He/she will be so impressed (especially if you do it for FREE) that he/she may just give you that recommendation that CHANGES YOUR LIFE... (in a good way) Good luck to you. ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

If you caddy for free you will make up the lost pay in beer savings if your hired. I haven't bought the first or even the second round of beer since I've been hired. I'm still amazed at the pay it forward attitude here. When we made real wages they'd pay for dinner and beer but I'm quite happy with a couple free beers.

Become a Minority...Like it or not, Delta has adopted the old United hiring practices.

I witnessed it first hand.. DAL hired a Caravan driving woman over a USAF C17 guy, myself and two other RJ captains.. with 10K+.... the other two hired were F-xx drivers (fair enough)...

Wrong. In 2007 there were AMR Eagle FO's ( 7 year FO's) that got called with one line pilot rec and others FO's from other carriers with no recs that were called. They do occasionally just pick out of the stack.

I still suggest getting as many recs as you can from qualified references.

I witnessed it first hand.. DAL hired a Caravan driving woman over a USAF C17 guy, myself and two other RJ captains.. with 10K+.... the other two hired were F-xx drivers (fair enough)...

It's not all about flight time. Are you a dbag? Your personality is a big part of getting hired and you mentioned nothing about that.

under ethnicity, select other....then fill in...ARYAN, that will get you in

Latest resources

Back