• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will never happen. Too much animosity against regional pilots -- especially Comair -- on the part of mainline pilots. It would cause a riot in the crew lounges.

Don't necessarily agree, but there it is.

And people feel ripped-off flying "replacement Delta." I'm not saying they should, but that's the impression. One strong, unified airline that you can put the right plane on the right route on a daily basis (sounds familiar from recent Delta-Northwest lobbying).

I would love to see DCI added to the list. If we tacked on just Comair, Compass and Mesaba (a shame we don't still have ASA), we could easily keep everything in-house.
That will never happen, though, because it gives to much power to the pilot group. The economies of scale and simplified management make to much sense, also.

I think you misunderstood the point. I was just adding total flying jobs, not inferring that DCI would get DAL seniority number. I agree there is no way that third party non WO operators will have any chance of that. They fly for multiple carriers and that fact alone makes it a legal nightmare. You WO will be difficult but have a better chance.

My point was that DAL ASM's may not grow by much to get to a pilot staffing number like the rumor I heard. It would just require that more DL Coded flying be flown at mainline.

As some have stated there is a fork in the road coming, and both sides are aware of it. If the pilots and the company can come to agreement on it, then it bodes well for more flying being done on the mainline side of the house.

I think you misunderstood the point. I was just adding total flying jobs, not inferring that DCI would get DAL seniority number. I agree there is no way that third party non WO operators will have any chance of that. They fly for multiple carriers and that fact alone makes it a legal nightmare. You WO will be difficult but have a better chance.

My point was that DAL ASM's may not grow by much to get to a pilot staffing number like the rumor I heard. It would just require that more DL Coded flying be flown at mainline.

As some have stated there is a fork in the road coming, and both sides are aware of it. If the pilots and the company can come to agreement on it, then it bodes well for more flying being done on the mainline side of the house.

Here's a scenario question for you. If Delta management agreed to bring all the regional flying (requiring about 4000 pilots) not currently on long term contracts (ie Skywest 10 year agreement) to mainline and also agreed to not farm any new regional flying out, would you accept a four year contract starting in 2012 that only went up 10% percent over those four years? What if it was a total increase of only 5%?

Last edited:
Here's a scenario question for you. If Delta management agreed to bring all the regional flying (requiring about 4000 pilots) not currently on long term contracts (ie Skywest 10 year agreement) to mainline and also agreed to not farm any new regional flying out, would you accept a four year contract starting in 2012 that only went up 10% percent over those four years? What if it was a total increase of only 5%?

I will not state what I would accept since everyone reads these boards. I would be willing to bet that it would fail. Too many ppl are happy if scope stays where it is and pay is increased. Most will be willing to accept it since the cost to bring back flying that is in effect unprofitable would be too high. Even the 76 seat 900's are thin money makers. Fuel goes up that exacerbates the situation.

Keep scope where it is and raise the pay is what I am hearing. In the end it depends on what the group as a whole wants.

Last edited:
I will not state what I would accept since everyone reads these boards. I would be willing to bet that it would fail. Too many ppl are happy if scope stays where it is and pay is increased. Most will be willing to accept it since the cost to bring back flying that is in effect unprofitable would be too high. Even the 76 seat 900's are thin money makers. Fuel goes up that exacerbates the situation.

Keep scope where it is and raise the pay is what I am hearing. In the end it depends on what the group as a whole wants.

do that and put a permanent CAP on it

They see 255 as the permanent cap Super. Most I talk to see DCI getting 255 76 seat jets. Company states they do not want em, but if the Association see it that way, they better mean though growth.

I do agree that we should cap them at the current number.

They see 255 as the permanent cap Super. Most I talk to see DCI getting 255 76 seat jets. Company states they do not want em, but if the Association see it that way, they better mean though growth.

I do agree that we should cap them at the current number.

Yeah I meant CAP them at the current number. I understand the company doesnt want anymore 76 seaters either so CAP it at the current number. It appears that the current mgmt team understands that you cant be a dominant airline if you put your pax on RJ's everywhere. The RJ bubble was a filler after 9/11 for the airlines to maintain routes and now it appears they're leading towards building the airline back up. Nows the time for us as a pilot group to take advantage of this.

Latest resources

Back