• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
15k workforce would be nice, but I'm still longing for our purported west coast/pacific expansion... Maybe i'm just dreaming. Even a GUM base would be better than sitting reserve in JFK.

I was told 15,000 by someone in the know, and they said it with a straight face.

But you know how it goes....lies are told with a straight face...it's the truth that's told with a dismissive giggle.

Nu

I think that was before JAL.....

Who knows really, but it is better to be hearing this than 8,500....

Last edited:
there is no way we will see 8500, you guys crack me up. Look at the amount that has been cut in the last decade, there's not much more to cut before you dont have a viable airline anymore. The cut was down to the bone and now the flesh will start to grow back as the economy starts its uptick. We're in a position to see explosive growth if the economy continues to move in the upward direction. The airline industry hit rock bottom over the last decade and has been skimming ever since.

I understand that its typical to be a pessimist as an airline pilot but the truth is. as the RJ bubble bursts and the international routes come back we're going to see a boom on the mainline level. The key is to stay strong on scope, which most guys are. If we do that the growth is coming back to our ranks in both narrowbody and international aircraft.

ps. it doesnt matter because the world is going to end in 2012, I saw the movie and have since begun building my ark.......;)

If this ever were the case, some of it would be through an acquisition or another merger. (add DCI to our list and that get really close)

I would love to see DCI added to the list. If we tacked on just Comair, Compass and Mesaba (a shame we don't still have ASA), we could easily keep everything in-house.
That will never happen, though, because it gives to much power to the pilot group. The economies of scale and simplified management make to much sense, also.

Latest resources

Back