• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATL taking it in shorts. Lots of 76 CA & FO displacements with no replacement flying. Unless you are senior in your category in ATL you are about to become junior, or worse, bumped out of ATL altogether. Pretty disheartening after 9 years at D that I will be junior on the maddog in ATL. On the plus side - I have a job.

How does the 777 flying work with the fences in place? Will it mean that an original Delta pilot will be forced to fly out of DTW until the fences expire and let a Delta North pilot fly it?

How does the 777 flying work with the fences in place? Will it mean that an original Delta pilot will be forced to fly out of DTW until the fences expire and let a Delta North pilot fly it?
Depends on what you mean by "forced". If NYC based 777 pilots want to stay on the airplane they will have to either displace to ATL or DTW as their seniority allows or not. Otherwise, they can displace to anything system wide where someone is junior to them in the category, except 747-400 which is fenced for DAL-N .

Technically, if there were insufficient DAL-S bidders for the new DTW 777 positions it could be awarded to a DAL-N pilot regardless of the fence. I don't see that happening.

IF and thats a big IF there arent sufficient bidders for a fenced position than the other side would be able to bid for the unfilled positions.

I dont see this happening though because I'm sure enough people will bid it.

make sure that you have your vd's md' in order because with about 5000 total movements everthing that isn't fenced will probably have some openings.

Anyone know what the pay credit is for a training now? We DAL-N guys used to get 80 hours? Whats the DAL-S way?

Anyone know what the pay credit is for a training now? We DAL-N guys used to get 80 hours? Whats the DAL-S way?

ALV. When you finish your checkride and are awaiting OE, you are free to bid "high credit" and get the upper limit of the LCW while you wait 6 months for OE on the ER. :beer:

Latest resources

Back