Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Gathering info for a guy that's interested in a jet. He's already specified NO small jets, he wants a midsize at least cabin. For his typical mission, I'm thinking this is two viable options. Can someone give me ideas on operating costs, acquisition costs, performance #'s (payload, range, runway needed, etc). Typically 700 to 1500 mile trips to good size airports, 5 pax with bags, no international stuff, ('cept Mexico and Canada eh).

Also, if you can think of another jet that might fit his needs that is not a Hawker or a Sabreliner (he doesn't like 'em) let me know. Thanks everyone in advance!!

Consider the Citation Soverign, and The Gulfstream G150.

Senior_Citizen said:
Consider the Citation Soverign, and The Gulfstream G150.

I was considering that also.....maybe even a CE-650. I've got a little bit of experience with the 650's, but I don't know anything about operating costs, mx, etc.

Also I know a Sovereign is a CE-680, is that a seperate type from the 650?

CapnVegetto said:
I was considering that also.....maybe even a CE-650. I've got a little bit of experience with the 650's, but I don't know anything about operating costs, mx, etc.

Have you considered the Challenger 300? I know there are actually a few delivery positions available (probably at a big premium). I have heard only good things about the CL300 - and I like its looks on the ramp...

On Your Six said:
Have you considered the Challenger 300? I know there are actually a few delivery positions available (probably at a big premium). I have heard only good things about the CL300 - and I like its looks on the ramp...

Haven't really thought about that one......I'll run it by him. I'm kind of biased against Ski-Doo jets though. I've got 500 hours in the CRJ, and I think it's a piece of $hit, and the company I work for now operates a CL-601 and even though I don't fly it, I know it's a hangar queen. (Down ALL THE TIME for MX).

I'll do some research though......thx for the suggestion. :)

Yes, the CE-680 is a separate type from the CE-650.

Based on the mission you described, I'd say the Sovereign would be a pretty good choice, assuming you want a new aircraft.

CapnVegetto said:

CapnVegetto said:
Gathering info for a guy that's interested in a jet. He's already specified NO small jets, he wants a midsize at least cabin. For his typical mission, I'm thinking this is two viable options. Can someone give me ideas on operating costs, acquisition costs, performance #'s (payload, range, runway needed, etc). Typically 700 to 1500 mile trips to good size airports, 5 pax with bags, no international stuff, ('cept Mexico and Canada eh).

Also, if you can think of another jet that might fit his needs that is not a Hawker or a Sabreliner (he doesn't like 'em) let me know. Thanks everyone in advance!!

LR-60. It's got good payload, good speed, and reasonable DOC's. And there are some good late model ones available.

Poke around here to compare planes:

<http://www.corporatejetsales.com/reports/jetcom3.htm>

The CE-750 is the way to go. You can't beat for speed and economy if you're criss-crossing the lower 48. For more info:

www.cessna.com

Latest resources

Back