• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DA50 vs. CE750

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only good thing about the X were the wings that were built by boeining. The rest was built by cessna and that should scare the Sh!t out of you.

Go with a Falcon. The french take pride in their work. :)

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've already mentioned a Hawker or XL to him, but the XL is too slow for his tastes, and he's heard bad things about Hawker maintenence and speed, and he doesn't want anything to do with 'em. He's an ex navy fighter pilot, so he knows a bit about flying, but he doesn't know anything about corporate airplanes. He just knows he wants a large cabin that goes fast in that price range. Basically, he's looking to drop $10 to $15 mil in a tax write off, so he doesn't have to pay capital gains. I don't know all the details, I don't work for the guy, even. I'm just advising, buddy to buddy.

I appreciate everything!

Last edited:
If he's concerned about the financial merits, he should really look into the Sovereign. He could get a new one for that price, and operate it much less expensively than the other two.

If he wants to fly it himself, he should look at the Falcon. If "going fast" is important for his ego, than the X is the right choice.

CapnVegetto said:
Thanks for all the responses guys. I've already mentioned a Hawker or XL to him, but the XL is too slow for his tastes, and he's heard bad things about Hawker maintenence and speed, and he doesn't want anything to do with 'em. He's an ex navy fighter pilot, so he knows a bit about flying, but he doesn't know anything about corporate airplanes. He just knows he wants a large cabin that goes fast in that price range. Basically, he's looking to drop $10 to $15 mil in a tax write off, so he doesn't have to pay capital gains. I don't know all the details, I don't work for the guy, even. I'm just advising, buddy to buddy.

I appreciate everything!

Diesel said:
The only good thing about the X were the wings that were built by boeining. The rest was built by cessna and that should scare the Sh!t out of you.

Go with a Falcon. The french take pride in their work. :)

Clearly Diesel hasn't spent any time in France. Most of the time they are on strike !

the citation x's wing had to be re-drawn on Falcon's software (Catia)before it would meet the numbers they needed.

JetPilot500 said:
In reality, the difference would be about 3 minutes extra flight time per hour ... Hardly noticable to anyone.
JetPilot500
Pretty accurate data JP500. Just for grins, I typed the following info into the CX's FMZ.

All conditions are:
0 wind
ISA
1000' MSL airport
FL400
810nm leg
4 pax
TO fuel 7000#
Accl/stop: 3962'

Max cruise: 1:42
Fuel burn: 6100#

.84 = 1:48
Fuel burn 5600#

ultrarunner said:
LR-60. It's got good payload, good speed, and reasonable DOC's. And there are some good late model ones available.

Poke around here to compare planes:

<http://www.corporatejetsales.com/reports/jetcom3.htm>

Problem with the LR60 is it's field performance at heavy weights. Most of the runways corporate jets operate from are 5000 to 7000 feet in length. The 60 has pretty high Ref speeds and takeoff speeds when it gets warm, or high, or a combination of the above.

Carrying 5 people with bags and fuel in the 60 during the summer puts you right up on the edge of your runway performance numbers with the above mentioned runways.

For range, short field performance, cabin and baggage volume I would suggest looking into the Cessna Citation Sovereign (C680) or Gulfstream G150 (considering new aircraft)

If you're looking at used, I would suggest the Falcon 50 with the -3D or -40 engine mod. A Falcon 50 operator I know has told me they leave central Tennessee, fly to Southern California, buy 75 gals of fuel and return home. He said while maintenance is a bit more costly than other aircraft in the same class/category, reliability is top notch and product support is pretty good.

As for a Citation X (C750); I have talked with too many Netjets pilots who tell me their aircraft are hangar queens, and on any given day only around 50% of the C750 fleet (somewhere around 60 or 70) is operational and ready to fly. One pilot, a training captain on the X, showed me the fleet status one day on his PDA. 46% of the Citation X fleet that day was grounded and unavailable due to mechanical problems.

He later told a Gulfstream Sales Director that the Citation X has been plagued with maintenance issues since day 1, and a lot of NetJets' Citation X pilots joke about the airplane, saying "The Citation X; It's the fastest thing between service centers."

Lots of options out there, but my top picks would be G150, C680 and FA50.

westwind driver said:
For range, short field performance, cabin and baggage volume I would suggest looking into the Cessna Citation Sovereign (C680) or Gulfstream G150 (considering new aircraft)
As for a Citation X (C750); I have talked with too many Netjets pilots who tell me their aircraft are hangar queens, and on any given day only around 50% of the C750 fleet (somewhere around 60 or 70) is operational and ready to fly. One pilot, a training captain on the X, showed me the fleet status one day on his PDA. 46% of the Citation X fleet that day was grounded and unavailable due to mechanical problems.
Lots of options out there, but my top picks would be G150, C680 and FA50.

Be careful considering the G150, we also operate from short-hot-high (7500'@3000'SL Caribbean) airfields, and no Israeli-Gulfstream (G100-150-200) has enough T.O. performance with our useful load requirements (4-6 people, plus 600+lb baggage).

Also about the Ce750 (X), the models built from 2002 are very improved, in performance and reliability, after consider any option you must contract an good professional advisor service, the latest number about the mean dispatch rate of the C.X fleet data we known was about 98%, the same numbers (+-) are for the G100 and G200.

I (in your place) will consider the G100(vfy runaway performance), Ce650(XLS) ,the G150(vfy runaway performance), Ce680(Sovereign) and the Ce750 (X -models built from 2002-now).

Latest resources

Back