DA50 vs. CE750

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CL 300 Engine DOC

The DOC on the HTF7000 of the CL300 may be slightly higher, but that is because there is ZERO overhaul times. Inspect and go until something is found. Went in for a full routine boroscope inspection and it took 5 hours (3 to let the engines cool down). The engine is so derated that the manufacturer is willing to almost warranty it forever.

Comparing the CL30 to an RJ is like comparing the CE550 to the new Soverign. Totally different generation (in design and avionics). Bottom line is that it will and is holding its value. If it is a temporary purchase for a future trade in, it is deffinately worth a look.

Just my $.02

I fly the CE750 18-20 days a mo and dont have a bad thing to say about it.
1== It's fast
2== Load up and go to FL450
3== Climb @ .85 up high
4== FF 1750 pph at max cruse
5== Lot's of bag space
6== East to west no prob
7== Our X would be in MX all the time to if we made 27k a year!!!!

Just my .02
I love that thing

PGH STEEL said:

Just my .02

I love that :)
I'm not at all trying to bash the X, just passing along info that was given to me. I don't assume to ever be right, nor do I take other peoples thoughts as the golden rule.

Others have said post 2002 serial numbers have the kinks worked out. But, having heard both ends I still suggest to the purchaser to contact an aviation consulting firm or the manufacturers directly to get the facts on each make/model of aircraft he/she is interested in.

Overall the X sounds like a great plane if you wanna go fast.
For now I'm more than happy flying Westwinds, and am looking forward to stepping up into the G150.

For now I'm more than happy flying Westwinds, and am looking forward to stepping up into the G150
On that note ... I just wanted to mention that I finally got to poke my big-a$$ noggin inside a WestWind II a couple days ago. I had no idea they were as large and roomy as they are. And very nicely appointed, as well. The WWII I peeked at was sporting what I'd call, for lack of a better/more well-informed descriptor, "Gulfstream Class" interior. I mean this thing was niiiiiice. :)

Minhberg

Is your guy going to fly it?
If so, I suggest a Falcon 50 to you, even used so DOC won't hurt too much...
IMHO it has definitely better handling qualities, the extra safety of a third engine, good looking, and even looks like a 900!

Hey it's not 27k that makes the X break. It's the plane I flew last week that was run for 48hrs straight. From one crew to another to another back to me. Never powered it down.

I flew one 47hrs last week and it didn't break one bit. I think the older planes work better than the middle of the line ones. Everything has been replaced at least once and they've worked out all the bugs.

The really new ones work well too. It's the serial numbers that they swapped from single to dual electrical which are goofy.

PGH STEEL said:
I fly the CE750 18-20 days a mo and dont have a bad thing to say about it.
1== It's fast
2== Load up and go to FL450
3== Climb @ .85 up high
4== FF 1750 pph at max cruse
5== Lot's of bag space
6== East to west no prob

Just my .02
I love that thing

With a full boat of people number 6 has to be done at LRC!

Latest resources

Back