Current JB upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

New system bid just came out. 190 Captain went to 2yrs 11month and 320 Captain went to 3yrs 6 months on property.

Partly a function of horrible reserve "rules". Senior F/Os are bypassing to avoid Capt rsv.

I'm currently filling out the app, what are the resv rules like? How many days off on resv?

What's a realistic timeframe to hold MCO or FLL?
thx.

Last edited:
I'm currently filling out the app, what are the resv rules like? How many days off on resv? thx.

Min off 12. Usually you'll end up with a few more 12-14 is pretty normal.

Scheduling assigns callout times and Long Call/Short call the day before your RSV day. An "Effort" is made to assign long call on first days.

Of course each person's experience varies but my time on RSV was pretty benign. It wasn't the get called and then work 10 different variations of your original trip that I was used to.

FLL is mid-sized and growing. Not very long to hold, most get it within a year. MCO is much smaller and more senior. I think right now it takes 2-2.5 years to get there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Min off 12. Usually you'll end up with a few more 12-14 is pretty normal.

Scheduling assigns callout times and Long Call/Short call the day before your RSV day. An "Effort" is made to assign long call on first days.

Of course each person's experience varies but my time on RSV was pretty benign. It wasn't the get called and then work 10 different variations of your original trip that I was used to.

FLL is mid-sized and growing. Not very long to hold, most get it within a year. MCO is much smaller and more senior. I think right now it takes 2-2.5 years to get there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info!

Just for reference. I've been here a little over 8 years and will hold a regular (no vacation credit)320 CA line for the first time next month and I still have around 200 or so fo's still senior to me system wide.

Latest resources

Back