• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current JB upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for reference. I've been here a little over 8 years and will hold a regular (no vacation credit)320 CA line for the first time next month and I still have around 200 or so fo's still senior to me system wide.

In JFK? What is your seniority range?

Folks are holding back from upgrading to spend more quality time with family, run a family business, etc.

There are as many reasons as there are pilots. Some don't want RSV....Some who live in base love RSV. Some only came to JB so they could be based in FLL/MCO/LGB and they won't trade that for anything. Some don't want to be on the 190...In the end we're all big boys and girls and can make informed decisions.

So far, all the doom and gloom predictions have not panned out and upgrades are still coming relatively quick.
Sooner or later it does have to slow down though.

Is that the lowest its been in a while? That's pretty good.

Yes, last bid I believe the seniority percentages were around 67% for A320 and 72% for E190. Today it was 72% for A320 and 76% for E190.

The junior CA positions are in JFK. Not many people bid for those since JFK has the largest % of commuters (upwards of 60% I believe).

I was on reserve for about 4.5 years. I never got more than12 off and they sure as heck didn't put much effort into LCR my first days on. If you live in base rsv could be pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't. My choice to commute, but I have had 13 bases in my career. Not dragging my family around like that.

Honestly, in 4 1/2 years you never got an extra day thrown into your time off?
I want to play poker with you because the only luck you got is bad, all bad.
:beer:
Just kidding......

Honestly, in 4 1/2 years you never got an extra day thrown into your time off?
I want to play poker with you because the only luck you got is bad, all bad.
Just kidding......
Oh, I'm sure I did. I just can't remember many!

Not counting self-release, of course... :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back