• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current JB upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, two captains downgraded back to FO. This is not unusual. What does that tell you?

His point is our reserve system and low lines suck! If it was better the upgrade time would sky rocket.

Cause all 320 FOs in LGB and FLL are dying to spend their next 2 summers in Kew Gardens....

As long as there are red-eyes RSVs will get them...

Some folks like their base and driving in trumps a pay bump...

Last edited:
Cause all 320 FOs in LGB and FLL are dying to spend their next 2 summers in Kew Gardens....

As long as there are red-eyes RSVs will get them...

Some folks like their base and driving in trumps a pay bump...

Yep that too. My personal example. Living in base as an FO getting 14-16 off.

Why give that up to commute to 12 off, never knowing my reserve window until the day before.

If we had deltas rsv(only 6 scr a month) or SWA 15 off(with set windows) or even spirits with a min 4 day off block after every rsv stint I wouldnt have passed it up and I know several 100 more in the same boat.

Our upgrade time will double for a few years if we get better QOL for rsv's and better quality trips via rigs and protections in our first contract.

The SWA reserve sys.is the exception, not the norm. Our reserve sys is pretty standard as per the PDF ALPA recently put out to educate the masses. What are low lines you mentioned in your ramble above?

The SWA reserve sys.is the exception, not the norm. Our reserve sys is pretty standard as per the PDF ALPA recently put out to educate the masses. What are low lines you mentioned in your ramble above?

Wow! You simply refuse to see how bad it is here compared to our peers. Because you live in base the problems with reserve are not apparent to you and you refuse to see how bad the schedules are now for those junior to you.

I'm just north of 50% on the seniority list and I would be willing to bet nobody with my relative seniority at any of the top 6 or 7 carriers would be willing to trade with me.

Last edited:

The contract comparison was great and all but it was a very broad overview. 96 pages to compare 7-8 contracts that all have scheduling sections longer than that. The devil is in the details. Go read the other contracts rev rules and get back to us. How many SCR days? When are RSV windows known by? Hard line vacation, training and conflict touching? What types of trips will they be flying on rsv? Average hours flown per month for a rsv?

You know exactly what I mean when I say low lines. The bottom 1/3 line holders schedules are filled with red eyes(30% of our flying). 12-14 days off is normal in the bottom 1/3 due to trip and line construction.

There are reasons our upgrades dropped to 70% and 75% seniority, while other airline are around 60%. So yes, if these things are fixed our upgrade time will jump dramatically.

Not completely true, how about LCR rules at UAL, DAL and AA? Do they typically pull 18 days sitting in base?

Latest resources

Back