CS new pay Jan 1...official now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're welcome.

THEN the NJA TA came out...compare the two captain payscales..they are within $1000 of each almost everyyear with CS on top...this is clearly a NJA plus 1% deal (which is decent).

Actually my year 5 captain pay 7n7 is higher than the year 5 captain pay at CS. The reserve sched is 10k more than 5 year capt at CS.

Plus my daily rate for hollidays are 780 dollars
Plus we get OT before 8am. After 12hours to 14 hours. Or anytime we sit an FBO past 6 hours we get hourly OT.

Last edited:
Rising tide raises all ships...

Does it really matter? NJA gets a much improved contract and other people get a raise because of it. You all should be celebrating, not having a pissing match...

Diesel,
You forgot one. We work less.
Congrads you guys. Enjoy the extra change. Just make sure you thank a NJA pilot.

BoilerUP said:
Rising tide raises all ships...

Does it really matter? NJA gets a much improved contract and other people get a raise because of it. You all should be celebrating, not having a pissing match...

Exactly!

Also... one must compare how long it will take to make Captain at brand X vs Brand Y.

Last I heard it was still possible to make captain in a yr at CS. If they do not want newly type rated Sovereign and Excel SICs departing to CS... I would think a response from NJ would be in order....

Is that pay scale for Captains based on "years of employment" or "years as Captain." Now that upgrades are slowing down there are a few new captains out there that were FOs for 2 years and that will now become more common.

Also you mentioned Check Airman pay is going to an extra $8000. Is it the same for Standards Captains?

I haven't gotten any official word yet but am excited if this is true.

It is years of service. So, if you upgraded on your 1 year anniversary, you would go on 2nd year captain pay.

Standards captains go up 6k... check airman 8k.

Hope that helps.

Humphreybogart said:
250 TO MM....YOU ARE A MORON. Us CS pilots deserve the highest pay in the industry because we are THE BEST. No if, ands, or BUTTS (unless your name is 250 TO MM) about it. Horray for us!!! Thank goodness we don't have a union.

Are you an idiot? Lets see: training during your time off, no protection if you get called for a carpet dance, called after 10 hours to "volunteer" to come in after 10 hours. What is your holiday pay? What about your overtime pay?

This is great for CS, let's hope that the rest of the industry follows suit. But don't forget I will make more at NJ with the overtime before 8 on day one, over 9 hours on day one, and overtime for 12 - 14....and the best of all, I am protected from the management when they decide to call you in for no reason.

FLYLOW22 said:
To all of the CS pilots:

You are welcome.

Love,

IBT 1108 Pilots

It always takes one to get the ball rolling. The fractional industry is still in relative infancy and it took the biggest group to get pissed off enough to form the first true fractional local. Luck of the draw, as it always has been in the flying business, so there is no point in being smug. This may be what the doctor ordered for all to be recognized for the work we ALL do.

I did not start this post to be a pissing match....if anyone wants a pissing match do it on their own post. The only thing I want to point out is that this is further confirmation that the bar has again been raised in the industry, and this very well could be the beginning of the fractionals as a viable, or at least a livable career....good news for all.

The fact that there are pilot jobs gaining salaries and QOL during these times is good for all pilots. And no we are not the same industry...blah blah blah...but we are all pilots and employeed as such.

So to all my fellow NJ pilots no more "You guys better be thankful" posts and to all the CS pilots no more "ha ha, we didn't even need a union" posts. This is not a union/anti union thread. It is a fractional bar being raised thread. All other comments welcome.

Latest resources

Back