• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-12Bubba

Spudwhacker
Hello All;
From a guy who is looking at both companies (Air Wisconsin and Comair), which will be healthier 5 years from now?

Thanks for input in advance!!

Both are good. Depends on your own personal preferences re: commuting, bases, associated majors, business practices.

Both are pretty much equal in terms of everything except that AWAC is a VERY small company and Comair...isn't.

Thanks B-99;
--- I really have no idea on how the pilots at AWAC view the company's future financial health (and growth) these days, but from other posts, I see they are uncertain. OK, it looks like the same for Comair (from what people are saying). I have a long way to go to get smart on this stuff...

Truth be told, nobody know what any regional is going to be like in 5 years. The industry is simply too volatile.

Comair is financially healthy. The only thing going on at CMR is the normal management vs union crap that goes on everywhere. They want more work for less money and we want more money for less work. All this recent stuff about growth will play out in due time. We are making a decent profit and still growing, albeit at a slower pace. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend CMR as a fine place to work with a pretty good future.

cheezpilot said:
Truth be told, nobody know what any regional is going to be like in 5 years.

That seems to imply that somebody knows what some "major" is going to be like in 5 years.

Any one want to tell me who that somebody is and what that "major" (any) will be like?

I have my own crystal ball, but it's been opaque for months.

surplus1 said:
That seems to imply that somebody knows what some "major" is going to be like in 5 years.

Any one want to tell me who that somebody is and what that "major" (any) will be like?

I have my own crystal ball, but it's been opaque for months.

Man, your paranoia is working overtime on this one. Either that of you lurk about waiting for any opportunity to spew forth.

The original question was about 2 "so-called" regionals. But, since you take exception even to this, I think the point the poster was (truthfully) making was that no one knows what this industry will be like in 5 years. If you find cause to turn this statement into another of your "I'm an airline pilot too, no matter what some major airline pilot says, and no major airline pilot is gonna tell me what to do, and there's nothing you can say or do about it"....same old ....ad nauseum...then it simply dilutes whatever justifiable argument you might have every now and then.

Geez...

:rolleyes:

The poor poster just asked a simple question and tried to get some info to make an informed decision.

Why does it have to turn into an anger fest?

Surplus 1 you are right. Know body knows what is going to happen to any airline in five years. Since this is the REGIONAL catagory and the C12bubba was asking about two REGIONALS the and answer was directed in the REGIONAL area. If you posted your comment for flame bait then I took it. It really does resemble flame bait because it has nothing to do with the subject matter and has an antagonistic perception. In no way was anything implied about knowing about a major. I think you just took it that way.

I have some pals that work at Comair, so they tell me what they have experienced. I don't know anyone at Air Wisconsin, so I am super-open to anyone who has any pointers/insight/scary stuff/good stuff/ to say about them.

Thanks for all the replies so far!!

Latest resources

Back