to have picked two of the better
"regional" airlines to pursue, and either
could provide a decent living if you end
up there for the duration...

Find some Air Wisky guys and buy them
a few beers and see what they say!

It's a crapshoot! Good luck!

Last edited:
Air Whiskey has one of the best pilot groups around. I have been here a little over a year and love it.

Yes we did agree to some pay concessions but our contract is still one of the best. You get paid guarantee (75 hrs) during training which is better than most. Training department is top notch.

It kind of depends on what you are looking for. One of the big things about Air Wisconsin is that we are a privately held company with the 3 top guys running the company for 3 other major investors. They don't always tell us a lot about what they are planning but they seem to always play it conservative. I think this is a positive in the airline industry. We only furloughed 40 after Sept. 11. Yes, we are tied closely with United for better or worse but that's about the worst of our situation. Upgrade time could be a few years away if this is your main priority. It all depends on who you compare us to and in what regards.

LOL

Which means what? Furloughes could never happen at Comair?

All AirWis furloughed pilots were recalled within a year.

You wish to play that game, AirWis never PFT'd.

Done and done.

S.

I don't think you could go wrong with either company. As stated earlier, the only thing that would un-nerve me about AirWis is their affiliation with United....but being part of a DAL WO is no party either.

These two companies make better money than most and DEFINITELY have better work rules--a lot better then ASA.

The last couple posts are some really good inputs!

I think upgrade time anywhere is going to be slow slow slow...

But that's ok, I'm just psyched at the prospect of flying a jet (finally), and not having to deal with P-factor.

Beechnut said:
Which means what? Furloughes could never happen at Comair?

All AirWis furloughed pilots were recalled within a year.

You wish to play that game, AirWis never PFT'd.

Done and done.

S.

Calm down there S. your face is turning red:D Don't get him all fired up guys I know Beechnut pretty well and his fuse is short for a couple of these subjects.

AWAC was great for me and I enjoyed every day I spent there. Can't comment on Comair as a company as I never worked there but I will say this, Spent the last night I was with AWAC out with a Comair crew in New Hampshire and found them to be an outstanding trio.

Thanks for the memories AWAC

WD.

awac

Air Wisconsin isn't that small, we have 60 crj's 18 bae146 on property. We are getting 10 more Crj's with finnancing for 20 more and we have options for 75 more. I would say that is serious growth potential :cool:
Comair is large but Delta wants pay concessions and will probably shift flying to get what they want:eek: Its probably a horse a piece.

Either company is a good choice.
Proposed/projected growth means nothing until the aircraft and flying are on the property. Comair management projected us to double in size by 2007. Well sh8t happens and concessions may or may not happen. Time will tell. I recommend that you make your decision on what is in black and white (our individual contracts, click on the link below) not promises and speculations from management or other pilots.

http://www.airlinepilotcontracts.com/Contracts/index.htm

Latest resources

Back