• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR or AIR Whiskey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirWis is as good as any airline! I have been here for about 3 1/2 years, upgraded to CRJ Captain at 2.5 years, but that is getting a little longer now as major growth spurt slows. There are good and bad for all jobs, that is why work is a four letter word! The problem I see with any carrier that is partnering with another airline is the contracts are renegotiated periodically, and constant pressure for companies to low-ball to keep major partners happy (competing with MESA, TRans States & others on price is killing the fun for labor and management). Air Wis training department is top notch, not trying to "weed out" the philosphy is they have already done that in the interview process, oh did I mention no 800hour wonders. The experience in a new hire class is impressive, and not just now, but back in 2000 when I was hired, the experience of my new hire class was a shock to me, lots of guys with good time, mostly great Lakes, and Trans states guys, but also some 135, and 91 guys all with turbine experience. If you are looking for a company that communicates alot Air Willy is not it. We are Privately held so mum is the word. Quality of life is unsure right now because of the nature of our renegotiated contract and the unsatble nature of the United Express system, and that will not get stable until UAL exits Chapter 11. Hope this is helpful, I am stopping now because I feel I am rambling, If you have specific questions, I'll do the best I can to help answer them. Good luck, in the current state of the industry I think either would be a great choice. Slave

121 Slave and Ace;
Thanks for taking time to write some really good info. The idea about using the contracts to mitigate the decision process (pay issues/crew rest/ etc..) was a useful one--and I hadn't seen that web link before (thanks Ace).
Slave-- Along with everyone else, the concern about United going somewhere is huge (albiet with mixed feelings)-- but how do you guys hangle it?--ie: is everyone waiting with baited breath whenever United is mentioned, or is that issue a non-starter? I ask because I may be sitting next to you in less than a year (if I'm lucky).
And here's a more fun question:
On an average trip:
How many legs is normal?
How long are the legs usually?

I am based in ATL for AWAC and typically fly a minimum of 4 legs a day, and as many as 7. The turn times in ATL are fast 25 minutes every leg. So a 7 leg day is completed in 9 - 10 hours and then a 14-16 hour overnight.

I just got back from YUL and brought back ship 461, with 9 confirmed orders left and 20 a/c with firm financing.

Mayday.

Hey Wisky Driver. Every post you do you keep talking about how great Wisconsin was.

So why did you leave?????

Let me guess...better opportunities to expand your career...bigger equipment, more pay??? HMMMM???

Get over it and move on.

Hey 99 chick,

WD spent 3 years at Air Whiskey and if he has fond memories of his time, let him be. He is still one of us even though he has recently moved on.

Let's not turn this an anger fest, shall we?

Please...he went to an all Mesa owned "Major".

This is a new Wisconsin, and that's exactly why he left.

Admit it...reserve is bad, the pay is bad, the lines are bad, and the training is bad.

So, are you going to tough it out???

Gee...I'm so glad you remembered me from a previous, and non-related post.

Huh? You work at Air Wisconsin?

12 days off reserve lines, 11 if you want more pay. 2 hour call out. Long call reserve that gives you about 36 hours notice for a trip... that means sitting at home for commuters on reserve. Company paid pager... just what's so bad about that? And where is sitting reserve a dream?

Took a pay cut yes, still better per hour pay and certainly better work rules than many other places.

I have a 83 hour block line worth 96 .5 hours of pay and 15 days off next month. Lines are bad? Yes... some places they aren't perfect. Again.... where is it so much better?

And the whole line about our miserable training just proves you don't know what you're talking about. ...as I'm realizing this may just be flame bait. You got me.

Hatefest. hatefest? You're talking about a job. sheesh... I can't believe I waste my time on the board.

Too bad United isn't hiring. That must be why your so bitter.

S.

Wow I'm soooo glad you remembered me. Maybe we can get together and ........... complain.

You must have come from....Lakes.

WOWWWW!!!!!!! 15 days off!!!!

and a pager tooo!!!!!!!! Awesome

Latest resources

Back