Co-pilot plunges from small plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
na265 said:
On the lighter side, how would you put it in your log book: MCA, steep turns, student jumped out, went home?

Total Time: 1.3
PIC: 1.3
Dual Given: 0.8
Solo: 0.5

Txcap,

Quite obviously it was an alien abduction. Everybody knows that abductions from moving airborne aircraft (vs. nonmoving airborne aircraft) don't take place until above at least 8,500 MSL; almost certainly this was a cooperation between the instructor and the alien entities. After all, who hasn't had a student who has become so frustrating that one wouldn't recommend him or her for a good "probing"? My guess is that the student will turn up with a certain value of time missing from his wristwatch.

Txflyer, I've bailed out of lots of Cessna's (mostly 182's, 206's, and 208's)...and always made jokes before, during, and after. Years ago on special occasions it was chic to take the name of a dead jumper before departing the door. Every jumper knows and understands the phrase, yelled very loudly before exit, "Blue Skies, Black Death!", and it's always said with a big grin, a whoop, and a holler.

It's a little rough without the parachute, but one *does* get an extra fifteen seconds of freefall, and there's no charge for a reserve repack...

I always thought it would be a neat way to solo a student. Climb out on the downwind, instead of getting out by the side of the runway. It would make a great story for that student years down the road, if he or she survived the shock. The picture of the expression on their face as the instructor climbs out the door would be priceless (and potentially incriminating). Never tried it, but one of these days...

Comedy = Tragedy + Time

Suicide?

Stingman said:

Filler worked for United Space Alliance since 1996 in the contractor’s integrated test and verification group, which does ground testing for the international space station.

Well geez, I used to do ISS Ground Testing. It all makes sense now!

In memory of Mr. Freefall:

The ENGINEER - Author Unknown

An engineer stood at the Pearly Gates,
His head was bent and low.
He meekly asked the man in white
The way he had to go.

St. Peter said, "What have you done on Earth
That you should come up here?"
"I was an engineer on space station
For many, many years."

St. Peter opened wide the gates
And gently pressed the bell.
"Step inside and choose a harp -
You have served your time in Hell."

Last edited:
Im sure most of you have had a door pop open an a cessna or other small plane, it aint that easy to open it up with the air and prop blast. This is a pretty wierd senario.

Most 150's I have flown have the patented "pop" when you open the door, you think the guy in the captains seat would have heard something before looking over to see his feet go.

Maybe it was O2 deprivation? Who knows.

From the article in the link above:

Mike Curie, a spokesman for the firm, said Filler was not at work Monday and declined to say more.

Noooo, really?

Latest resources

Back