• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Co-pilot plunges from small plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>>>Of course we know he's full of it, and he know's we know..

Yeah, I knewt Metro was playing along, and I suspected that you were too, but I think that some of the other posters are just a little too earnest.

regards

Co-Pilot Plunges From Plane

I have been licenced since 06/22 of this year, i mention this to back-up my claim that i don't know all there is to know about aviation. with that said i don't understand how anyone who has ever done steep turns could entertain the thought that this person fell out of the plane? steep turns cause the occupants of the plane to be pushed into the seat not against the either door of the aircraft. this man did not accidentally fall from this plane.

also, at 9000 feet doing steep turns! makes you wonder doesn't it? he was definately pushed out of the plane--the only question that remains is -who pushed him? he either "pushed" himself or had help.

"Amazing" Amen brother

we need more training ie.. blimp

we could all benefit from the rigorous training that blimp pilots are subjected to.

So, does he get to log the flight back as "Dual instruction given?"

If so, what would he put in the "remarks" section?

A classic example of why Instructors should always get the students car keys PRIOR to the flight.

Heard the CFI was pretty shook up. He gained 500 feet during the turn after the CG shift.

Love this thread and was bored.....

So let's do some sleuthing.

What if our NASA scientist and potential thief was also a pretty smart cookie? (Even to plotting a suicide.)

Is there some maneuver that you as CFI would want to be at 9,000ft, that would cause the airplane to be extremely slow and turning to the left AND would get you in trouble with the FAA if you weren't doing it under special conditions?

Yep, what about a student asking for a spin demonstration? Now we're not supposed to take just anybody up in a C-152 and do spins unless we're sitting on parachutes or are doing this for a CFI rating but if you're a spin lover like me, ya sorta waive a little bit of that ruling, right?

I don't do them in this condition unless I have 6,000ft agl under the nose. If you want a clean one right off the bat, you do it to the left otherwise you get that prop buffet from the C-152. And man are you going slow just before the stall!

Can you open the door now with an inside turn at 35 kts? Think the pilot is just a little distracted setting up this spin? I can see me now explaining: "So you see we pull it up into a stall, there's the horn and just as she wants to break, we kick in left rudder and....hey, where'd he go....recover!"

When you get down on the ground and start talking to authorities what are you going to tell them about your manuever? Oh, I was teaching spins to a non-CFI candidate without parachutes. No. Oh, I thought he was going for his CFI and I was giving him an endorsement. No. Oh, we were just going up to a safe altitude to do steep turns. Ding Ding Ding, there's a winner.

Now the only question is was this suicide or did he have some kind of James Bond style mini-chute and is having tea with OBL or somebody else? The mind wanders.....I have got to get some sleep.

Latest resources

Back