• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL-850 Crash Cont.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Safety, International, ICT will set you up in the sim at the end of rwy 33 in KASE with +SN and a temp of -3. They'll make a big deal about the LINDZ DP, 2nd segment, MTOW...

I have NEVER had any instructor at FSI ask me about what "fluids" we had apllied, who ordered it, a HOT, etc.

Our holdover charts don't list a HOT for +SN so we can't depart in those conditions

The Challenger 850 is the CRJ-200 with several modifications primarily an additional 4000 lbs Of gas that is in auxiliary fuel tanks located between the aft lav and cargo area. The wing is highly critical and should never be operated with ANY contamination on it...nor should any other wing for that matter.
We have 604's and 605's they have shorter wings than the 850. We are taught extensively de ice ops but many flight departments are not. I once flew with a new captain at a regional 121 operation that not only didn't know how to de ice but was worried about the cost! This was for an operator out of the northeast not only scary but highly concerning. Maybe some people just don't pay attention during indoc or training.

I thought I heard someone rooting around in the basement this morning... guess they were digging this one out from behind the old Christmas decorations!

Latest resources

Back