Challenger 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

smails

I am looking for some information on the 300 from some people who are actually flying it. Performance, maintenance issues, and just general feeling about the aircraft. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Our company leased a 300 for a year (07-08)while we waited for the G450 to be built and delivered. Good plane with better than book performance. Good fit for our missions in North America with adequate room in the cabin.

2 drawbacks were Bombardier's wonderful (lack thereof) customer support and the flight deck is smaller than the 600 series Challengers. Other than that, I liked it and would not hesitate to fly it again.

I've been flying the 300 for 5 years. Fantastic plane. Great runway performance. Very reliable, depending on who does your maintenance ( we have our own "crew chief" )
Altitude capability actually does put you above most weather. Depending on your BOW, it is NOT a 3000nm plane!!!
Again.....fantastic plane

Thanks. We have a 450 and a couple Falcon 900s, and getting the 300 for the shorter trips. My main concern is the reliability "issues" that the other models have, but I hear that the 300 doesn't seem to be as bad?? Nice to hear that they do better than book numbers, unlike some other aircraft!

Thanks. We have a 450 and a couple Falcon 900s, and getting the 300 for the shorter trips. My main concern is the reliability "issues" that the other models have, but I hear that the 300 doesn't seem to be as bad?? Nice to hear that they do better than book numbers, unlike some other aircraft!

The 604 is extremely reliable, btw.

I fly the 300 and Love it. It is by far the most reliable Jet I have flown yet. Performance is great and economics are even better. Our company liked it so much, they bought a second one a year later. The only negatives are a 'cheap interior' and as previously mentioned, Bombardier 'customer support'.

Great aircraft. I have been flying them about 5 years. We are taking ours to Europe next week. The rudder sucks on it. Ailerons are small. Crosswinds suck. But it climbs like a beeotch. Performance is great. We take it out of a 4200 foot strip along with two other 300 operators. Our reliablility has been pretty good. I know another operator that got a lemon, so your mileage may vary.

Great aircraft. Desinged for "ease" of maintenance and no TBO. Flys great, handles weather well but is a little slippery in a X-wind. Ailerons are not big enough for the job. Interiors are upgraded with SN > than 153 I believe. Bombardier is up to
SN 20330 or (330). This is finally a Corporate aircraft that "works great, lasts a long time". Collins Proline 21 5000 avionics. Easy to land, easy to fly..awesome performer for the money and takeoff and landing numbers rival DA-50 numbers! hope that helps.

Best airplane I've ever flown.....and it can do 3000NM if u plan it well. I did CYUL to EGKB following 60mnt ETP's calculation due to restrictions on country registration, included the arrival 2950ish NM at FL450 4 pax and 300lbs of bags, pulled back to LR.77 as per the book and landed with 2650lbs OB. Great machine

Latest resources

Back