• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I can see in ATL with those jet-Brasilias aka EMB145's there seems to be a serious load problem on a high percentage of flights, especially with summer weights. Faults it may have, however the CRJ-200 appears to be a much better aircraft all round, with reliability and maintenance as a big plus. Not to be overly critical, but the cockpit in that EMB thing is a total mess compared with the CRJ, too much stuff to look at! Even with full FMS/RNAV and ACARS capabilities fitted, the CRJ cockpit looks empty compared to the E145. What's wrong with this picture....comments anyone?

Maybe EMB scores better with their E170's and 190's.

Hats off to the 145/135 guys learning to decipher all those little boxes on their screens, and information popping up all over the dang place. Not a very user friendly design, but I guess you gotta work with what you get!

Money talks with the majors, no matter what when it comes to "connection" contracts, and we all keep sliding further into the abyss. When will they ever learn to invest in good equipment, support infrastructure, and more importantly their workforce? That is the root problem in the regional camp right now, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Example, what was Delta smokin' when they awarded more aircraft to Freedom recently, even though they were CRJ's? They want a "seamless experience" for passengers between a connection carrier and mainline-not going to happen in this case, never!
Nope, it's more bottoms in seats for as little cost as possible, that's the goal.

Uh...... Have you ever actually seen the cockpit of a 145?

From what I can see in ATL with those jet-Brasilias aka EMB145's there seems to be a serious load problem on a high percentage of flights, especially with summer weights. Faults it may have, however the CRJ-200 appears to be a much better aircraft all round, with reliability and maintenance as a big plus. Not to be overly critical, but the cockpit in that EMB thing is a total mess compared with the CRJ, too much stuff to look at! Even with full FMS/RNAV and ACARS capabilities fitted, the CRJ cockpit looks empty compared to the E145. What's wrong with this picture....comments anyone?

Maybe EMB scores better with their E170's and 190's.

Hats off to the 145/135 guys learning to decipher all those little boxes on their screens, and information popping up all over the dang place. Not a very user friendly design, but I guess you gotta work with what you get!

I've flown both. EMB145= Better plane than the CRJ2. And.... My kid can beat up your kid.

Why is CHQ leaving so many people behind on the CRJ? I have gone almost a year without bumping pax. On the usair side the ERJ145 seems to be the bird that is always load resticted.

We aren't flying our 200s ORF-IAH, either. That's a full 140nm farther direct distance than PHL-MCI. Throw in some Texas thunderstorms and enough gas for a good alternate and I can see why they'd have problems leaving full.

When you were waiting on your spot to open, was it because one of yalls other planes was late? Everytime i have been late because of a spot being taken was because a CHQ plane taking up the spot. Most of the time its a lack of crew. Thats the fault of your company not properly staffing you. Or the MX problems, i guess they arent giving you enough manpower to fix the problems either. Once again, i will say thats not the pilots fault. I have talked to a number of gate agents at a number of stations, that said the pilots are great but the operation sucks.

Actually, on Thursday I waited for almost 35 minutes for my spot because one of YOUR XR's had the APU deferred and they could not get the air start cart to work.

I never take delays at outstation (when I do it's usually because I'm working the numbers to squeeze one of YOUR commuters on the jumpseat). Keep in mind also that you guys have a whole lot more flights out of IAH than we do. Most of YOURS are on jetways while ALL of ours are on the pad. You are not exactly comparring apples to apples here. Also keep in mind that a good portion of our flights are IOE with new crew members, that adds a few minutes by itself.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest with you guys since 99% of your crews are great people who I will continue to work the numbers to get on my jumpseat just like you have been doing for me. But (much like us) you have your 1% that just don't get it and never will. It is not the crews who are causing the delays, I would break it down as follows: 70% Boarding/Station, 20% late arriving aircraft, 5% MTX, 5% crew delays (this includes Scheduling not having anyone to work the flight).

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, we're on time every time
Ron Burgandy: That doesn't make sense.
Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr

Last edited:
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, we're on time every time
Ron Burgandy: That doesn't make sense.
Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see is we can make this little kitty purr

Their brains are smaller than ours, it's science.

Latest resources

Back