CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

veneratio

Heard that from 1/08 CAL will cancel the CPA with CHQ? It's prob BS but from a legal point, can CAL cancel the contract if they want?

How will this effect the big hiring boom they are having??? And why would they cancel something that just started??

Heard that from 1/08 CAL will cancel the CPA with CHQ? It's prob BS but from a legal point, can CAL cancel the contract if they want?

I don't know if it's true or not, but I'd imagine that CAL negotiated some sort of required completion and on-time performance figures into the CPA. It's my understanding that CHQ's performance has been somewhat questionable for the CAL operation. If that's the case, then some performance triggers could certainly be hit in the CPA.

they probably also have a clause like XJT does. With X months of notice they can cancel the CPA for whatever reason they want.

I doubt that this is true. What will they do then? Its not like they have someone waiting to take up the slack.

It isn't true. It has been kind of a rough start, but we are too cost effective to drop, plus the numbers are looking ok now (still not great). Completion is over 97% and while ontime still sucks, its due to late bording on the hard stand in IAH most of the time. I just did a four day and we were always ontime in outstations, frequently late in IAH and when we were it was always because the last buss of pax arrived at or <5min prior to departure. (despite calling for them >30 prior.)
BTW, I think the contract is amendable after 24 months...so the earliest it could happen is early 09.

just growing pains though isnt it? colgan had taht same problem untill they ironed out the kinks...

It isn't true. It has been kind of a rough start, but we are too cost effective to drop, plus the numbers are looking ok now (still not great). Completion is over 97% and while ontime still sucks, its due to late bording on the hard stand in IAH most of the time. I just did a four day and we were always ontime in outstations, frequently late in IAH and when we were it was always because the last buss of pax arrived at or <5min prior to departure. (despite calling for them >30 prior.)
BTW, I think the contract is amendable after 24 months...so the earliest it could happen is early 09.

How come XJT is not late out of the hardstands in IAH?

Latest resources

Back